Acquisition Management Workshop
This programme has been designed to enable the learner to achieve the ideals of good governance and address deficiencies in Acquisition Management in the Public Sector.
- On completion of this skills programme, learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of Acquisition Management in the public sector;
- Demonstrate understanding of general aspects applicable to Acquisition Management;
- Implement Acquisition Management processes for bids or quotations; and
- Evaluate and adjudicate bids or quotations.
UNIT 1: INTRODUCTION TO ACQUISITIONING MANAGEMENT
- Explain the reform of Public Sector Procurement in Government.
- Recognise the enabling SCM legislation as well as other legislation and policy strategies that impact on SCM;
- Identify and describe the various role players in acquisition management and their roles in the process;
- Critically discuss how Demand Management will impact on Acquisition Management
UNIT 2: GENERAL ASPECTS APPLICABLE TO ACQUISITIONING MANAGEMENT
- Identify and describe the sourcing strategies in procurement administration.
- Discuss and explain how to administer a list for “prospective suppliers”.
- Describe the different threshold values and how it impact on procurement decisions.
- Explain the principles of set asides.
- Differentiate between competitive and limited bidding methods.
- Explain the rules pertaining to tax clearance.
- Describe the procedures applicable to the National Industrial Participation Program.
- Identify and explain the important aspects applicable to preferential procurement.
- Discuss the rules pertaining to price discounts.
UNIT 3: QUOTATION ADMINISTRATION
- Discuss and explain the quotation procurement process.
- Explain the different threshold values and how it impact on procurement decisions.
- Describe the evaluation process for procurement below the value of R30 000.
- Describe the evaluation process for procurement below the value of R1 000 000.
UNIT 4: PRACTICAL APPLICATION COMPILING SPECIFICATION FOR GOODS
- Drafting of specification
- General guidelines
- Specifications with technical nature
- Standard specifications issued by industry
- Statutory requirements
- Scrutinising of the stipulations reflected in the General Condition of the Contract
- Determine if there will be Special Conditions of Contract relevant to the specific bid
- If it is a bid for a construction project (CIDB) the General Conditions of Contract and Standard Biding
UNIT 5: APPOINTMENT OF PROFESSIONAL SERVICE PROVIDERS
- Define the term “Professional Service Providers / Consultants”;
- List, and distinguish between, the different selection methods for the appointment of Professional Service Providers / Consultants;
- Select particular types of Professional Service Providers / Consultants;
- Explain the steps to follow when appointing Professional Service Providers / Consultants on a Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS)
UNIT 6: BID ADMINISTRATION PREPARATION TO BID
- Describe the acquisition process for Bid administration.
- Identify and explain the information that needs to be available to prepare a bid.
- Differentiate between the General Conditions of Contract and the Special Conditions of contract.
- Identify which aspects contained in the General Conditions of Contract must be addressed in the Special Conditions of Contract.
- Identify and explain the contents of the Standard Bidding Documents published by National Treasury.
UNIT 7: EVALUATION OF BIDS
- Describe the procedures applicable during the opening of Bids.
- Explain how the Bid Evaluation Committee must evaluate a Bid proposal.
- Identify which aspects should be contained in an Evaluation Recommendation Report.
- Illustrate how points for price will be calculated when items are procured.
- Illustrate how points will be allocated for other “specific contract participation goals”.
- Describe the flow of documents after the “Evaluation Recommendation Report” is received by the SCM Acquisition Unit.
UNIT 8: ADJUDICATION OF BIDS
- Explain which officials should serve in the Bid Adjudication Committee.
- Describe the functions of a Bid Adjudication Committee.
- Discuss the rules pertaining to delegation administration.
- Explain the functions of the Bid Adjudication Committee regarding the approval of contract extensions, variation orders, amendments and transfer of contracts.
UNIT 9: CONTRACT ADMINISTRATION
- Discern between the different types of contracts.
- Explain how contracts should be managed and monitored.
- Explain how contract amendments should be administered.
- Calculate contractual price adjustments;
- Calculate price adjustments due to exchange rate fluctuations.
- Describe the procedures to be followed when a contractor request to transfer a contract to another supplier.
This workshop runs for 3 days
Available on request.
Our Acquisition Management Workshop is available in a variety of formats to best match your needs
In-House training: We bring the training to your location. Available with customized features created to meet your requirements.
Virtual Training: Delivered totally online, our virtual sessions are designed to keep participants engaged through relevant training, activities for practice, and ongoing reinforcement.
Practitioners and managers responsible for asset and inventory management in an organisation.
- Asset Management Masterclass
- Environmental & Social Management Systems
- Fraud Prevention & Anti Corruption Masterclass
- Risk Appetite & Strategy Masterclass
- Governance, Risk and Compliance Masterclass
- Risk based combined assurance
- Leadership and structures of corporate governance
- Corporate Governance – Role of the board
- Corporate governance Fundamental
- Principles and practices of corporate responsibility
- Engaging stakeholders to build a sustainable plan
- Advanced enterprise risk management masterclass
- Conducting effective lifestyles audits course
- King IV governance compliance and assurance workshop
- Budgeting Skills for managers.
- Financial Analysis, Planning & Control.
- Government Accounting.
- Government Budgeting Including SCOA.
- Accounting for VAT
- Understanding and analyzing financial statements workshop
- Strategic planning, budgeting and rolling forecast workshop
- Strategic forecasting & projections of financial statements masterclass
- Preparing financial statements and annual reports masterclass
- Project finance and modelling
- Pension fund governance, regulations and best practices.
- Mining TAX and strategy masterclass
- International financial reporting standards (IFRS) &updates
- IFRS 9 International finance reporting standards 9 and expected credit loss
- Business intelligence & analytics for finance professionals
- Advanced Recruitment Analysis & Assessment Workshop.
- Disciplinary Code & Procedure Training.
- Employment Equity Legislation Masterclass.
- HR Processes, Culture & Change Management Training.
- Performance management systems training
- Principles and practices of corporate responsibility
- Union responsibilities in the workplace
- Workplace skills plans & annual training reports
- Mining social & labor planning
- Payrol preparation, analysis and management
- New CCMA rules & latest case law
- Human resources & development personnel management
- Developing & Implementing Electronic Documents & Records Management Systems.
- Pragmatic Approach to Managing Records.
- Basic registry, records & archives management
- Pragmatic approach to managing records
- Records management, library management and inventory
- Principles of records management basic – Level 1
- Records management Intermediate – Level 2
- Advanced records management – Level 3
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Advanced Circuit Breaker Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Lean Leadership
- Lean Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
- Mineral Process Plant Optimisation Technology and Continuous Improvement
- Mineral Resource Estimation and Process Control of Mineral Processing Systems
- Solar PV System Design
- Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
- Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Wastewater Purification and Treatment Course
- Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineers
- Fundamental Hydraulic Theory and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation and Valuation of Mineral Projects
- High Voltage Safety Training