Advanced Executive Assistants
and PA’S Including Protocol & Diplomacy Masterclass
Prospen Africa is aware that whether you are a new or an experienced office manager, it is easy to get overwhelmed by the multiple roles and responsibilities expected of you in the modern workplace. We offer you this dynamic and essential training course which will help you see yourself and your office management role from a fresh new perspective.
This is a non-Accredited course.
Administrative professionals have a unique role in the everyday operations of a company. As an administrator, others will look to you for support. To be successful as an administrative professional you don’t just need excellent management skills for handling multiple tasks and meeting deadlines, but the more subtle arts of leadership.
This training course will enhance your admin skills and enable you Cope with greater responsibility by addressing the organizational challenges. It will also help you to influence and benefit those around you with your enthusiasm and personal example, with your clarity and vision and with your clear, confident, and considerate communication. No matter what your job description, with honed administration skills, you can definitely ‘do more, be more and achieve more’ for yourself and your company.
- Discover practical tools and techniques that will help you manage your workload and relationships more successfully and improve productivity
- Explore strategies to reduce conflict and learn to deal effectively with difficult situations and people
- Provide a high level of administrative support by enhancing your ability to manage change, plan and coordinate workflow, and build an effective team
By attending this training course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand how your role as Executive Secretary, PA, Administrator or Office Manager contributes to organizational success
- Build an effective work team
- Plan and coordinate workflow and productivity
- Become a change champion and manage change effectively
- Interact with people in ways which reinforce positive working relationships
- Manage personal emotions and stress
- Manage conflict, difficult situations and people, with ease
- Deliver presentations to small groups with maximum effect
- Recruit, select and induct new staff who will work effectively with your team
SESSION 1 – Working in the Executive
- It is important to understand the vision of the organization and the role of your Executive’s Office as a front to internal and external stakeholders
- Obtaining specific instructions
- Digital dictation
- Filing manually and electronically
- Taking initiative
- Taking responsibility
- Controlling and ensuring that events occur in conformity with plans
- Welcoming important guests
- Identifying important non-verbal gestures
- Representing your superiors
In order to support your role in the Executive office, one is expected to streamline processes in your office so that Information and communication is efficient. The proactive PA will use the available pool of resources to her/his advantage whilst retaining a sound relationship with internal and external stakeholders
- Electronic Diary Management
- Electronic Ticketing
- AIRY Files
- 12 tips for superior/PA synergy
- Quit time for your manager
- Managing access to your Superior
SESSION 2– Managing Meetings with Confidence Types of meetings.
- Recurring meetings
- Ad hoc meetings
- General meetings
- Periodic meetings
- Important meetings
SESSION 3 – Supported by experimental Training activities and Simulations
The programme consists of Sound foundation for Communication
- Practical and Personal needs
- 10 principles of communication
SESSION 4 – Building Human Relations
This programme will give Managers and Leaders the necessary skills to build good Interpersonal relationships with their teams. It will also give team members a base for future communications that will be more effective.
- How do we move our level of service from “Good” to “Delightful Module Content
- Customer Service paradigm and the shift
- Identifying our customer’s needs through questioning techniques
- Identifying our customer’s behaviour styles and meeting their needs through behaviour styles
- Dealing with difficult clients
- Building Human Relations
- Empathy Skill
SESSION 5 – Five Key Principles
- Listen and Respond with Empathy
- Ask for Help and Encourage involvement
- Share thoughts, feelings, and rationale
- Provide support without removing responsibility
SESSION 6 – Feedback Skills
- Modern Business writing skills learn to write effective letters and emails using the six principles of modern business writing.
- Practical Minute-taking Guidelines skills to manage the entire minute-taking process and format for good minutes
SESSION 7 – Presentation Skills and Communicating
Organizational Objectives with Confidence Modern Business Writing Skills/ Report Writing Why do we go blank when we must put words onto paper? Initiating correspondence; what is important and what is admirable? Speaking better in a manner of writing
SESSION 8 – Meetings affect everyday business in the corporate arena
The goal of every PA/Executive Assistant is to get the Most out of the meeting in the least amount of time
- Preparing and planning for meetings
- Invitations and agenda
- Punctuality and Hospitality
- Minute Taking and Distribution
- The Role of the Minute taker
- Guidelines of teleconferences and video Conferences
- Venues- equipment and visuals
- Identifying urgent messages that interrupt meetings
SESSION 9 – PowerPoint Presentations
- Purpose for PowerPoint Presentations and effective usage
- Preparing the presentation
- Using Visual Aids effectively
- Overcoming Presentation nerves
- Delivering the Presentation confidently
- Answering questions confidently with the help of visual aids
SESSION 10 – Stress Management and Wellness for the Executive Assistant/Personal Assistant
- What is stress?
- Positive and negative stress
- Identifying your personal causes of stress and symptoms
- Analysing stress contributors, lifestyle, habits, patterns
- Setting goals and action plans for a less stressful lifestyle
- How to achieve emotional wellness in the workplace
SESSION 11 – Handling Confidential Information
All organizations must be aware of the various types of Information that it handles whether this constitutes sensitive confidential and classified information. A thorough information audit is necessary to ascertain the:
- Sources of confidential info
- Understanding internal policy
- Maintenance of paperwork
- Recommended base practices
- Data ownership and responsibilities
- Accessibility and re-enforcing individual obligations
- Disposal and retention of confidential info
SESSION 12 – Emotional Intelligence
Success does not only depend on technical ability and Mental dexterity (IQ), but also on emotional awareness and maturity: to be aware of, and regulate one’s emotions- and manage relationships with sensitivity
- Analysis of preferred behaviour styles
- Values of emotionally intelligent professionals
- EQ as part of your daily bread
- Benefits of EQ-Emotional Intelligence
- Protocol & Diplomacy Protocol
- Introduction to Protocol and Diplomacy
- Why the importance
- Basics of Diplomacy
- Difference Constitution of various African Countries
SESSION 13 – Applies to Protocol Matters
- Introduction to the Use of National Symbols of Different
- National Flag National
- Coat of Arms National
SESSION 14 – Precedence or Seniority
- International Government Systems
- Official Table of Precedence of different countries
- Practical application at the office
SESSION 15 – Official Forms of Address and Titles
- Verbal use of forms of address and titles
- Written use of forms of address and titles
SESSION 16 – Social Etiquette
- Background to etiquette
- Telephone, e-mail, and voice mail etiquette
- Business lunch etiquette
- International etiquette
- Etiquette with the physically handicapped
- Table etiquette
- Business card etiquette
- Working in an Executive Office
- First impressions
- Taking initiative Diary
- Taking responsibility
This workshop runs for 4 days
Training times can be arranged accordingly in order to cater for the client’s needs.
Available on request.
This course is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Office Managers
- Team Leaders
- Secretaries and PA’s
- Project Managers
- New leaders
- Senior Administrators
- Organisation Reps
- Managerial Assistants
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Fleet Operations Management Investigations & Report Writing.