Advanced Leadership Skills for
Women in Mining
The global context for the mining sector is changing rapidly. Shifting
societal expectations, emerging technologies such as automation, and
increasing environmental pressures are combining to create a dynamic
and challenging environment. To succeed, leaders will need to be able to
think quickly and in innovative ways, understand diverse perspectives,
and lead with courage. In many industries, including the mining industry,
women in leadership roles face the additional challenge of having to work
through the proverbial glass ceiling.
The qualifying learner is capable of:
- learn about the changing global context of the mining sector
- explore the concept of sustainable development and the role of mining in this context
- share your leadership story and experiences with a dynamic group of female leaders
- learn about power and influence, and how to identify and leverage both within your network
- explore your unique leadership style and the double bind women leaders face
- develop strategies for dealing with different people, but still remain authentic in your approach
- examine the impacts of culture and politics within an organisation
- master the skill of navigating the organisational political terrain
- The first session of the program will focus on setting the scene for the
remainder of the course.
- Session 2 will build on the first session by delving in greater detail into
some of the key challenges facing the mining sector in the next decade
- Session 3 is all about preparing you for the challenges and highly
introspective experiences that will follow in the remainder of the course.
- After exploring self in the previous sessions, session 4 is focussed on
understanding positive power and influence.
- You will never approach your role as a leader in the same way after
3 – Day Workshop
Our Advanced Leadership Skills for Women in Mining is available in a variety of formats to best match your needs
In-House training: We bring the training to your location. Available with customized features created to meet your requirements.
Virtual Training: Delivered totally online, our virtual sessions are designed to keep participants engaged through relevant training, activities for practice, and ongoing reinforcement.
Available on request.
Why women only?
Women-only programs help to create the context and dialogue necessary to stimulate new thinking around the shared gendered experiences of participants. You will have the opportunity to reflect on your own personal and workplace experiences and hear the experiences of other participants. This allows for a holistic view of the mining industry from a gendered leadership context
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Advanced Circuit Breaker Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Lean Leadership
- Lean Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
- Mineral Process Plant Optimisation Technology and Continuous Improvement
- Mineral Resource Estimation and Process Control of Mineral Processing Systems
- Solar PV System Design
- Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
- Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Wastewater Purification and Treatment Course
- Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineers
- Fundamental Hydraulic Theory and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation and Valuation of Mineral Projects
- High Voltage Safety Training