To provide individuals with the skills and knowledge to enable them to communicate more confidently and effectively using assertive behaviour techniques.
The training provides participants with the opportunity to work on their own personal and work situations where they want to be more assertive, enabling them to leave the training equipped with some effective, practiced strategies for achieving a more successful outcome.
During the workshop, you will learn and practise:-
- Recognised the three main categories of behaviour, their advantages and disadvantages and how to best respond to them.
- Tried a wide range of techniques to help them to become more assertive in the workplace.
- Created an action plan to enable them to build on their new skills going forward
Welcome and introductions
- Course objectives and outline for the day
- Domestic arrangements and style of programme
- Introducing the Assertiveness Skills Toolkit
- Facilitator presentation and participant personal introductions
Understanding what makes people assertive and their benefits
- Types of behaviours
- Benefits, advantages and disadvantages of each type of behaviour
- Internal beliefs and their impact
- Rights and responsibilities
- Expressing your desired outcome
- Rotating flipchart group work, facilitated group review, individual questionnaire, pairs exercise and group discussion
Using assertive communication
- Words and phrases to avoid
- Positive phrasing
- Importance and impact of positive body language and voice tone
- Pairs exercise, facilitation, demonstration and presentation
- Updating the Assertiveness Skills Toolkit
- Practice writing assertive response on personal scenario
- Pairs exercise and practice, facilitated group review
More techniques for developing assertiveness
- Fogging and broken record technique
- Ways of saying ‘no’
- Giving feedback
- Presentation, meta-planning and small group exercise, facilitated group review
Responding to other behavioural styles
- Appreciating the impact of the different styles of behavioural on each other
- Strategies for responding to different behaviour styles
- Resolving conflict in a constructive way
- Facilitator presentation, small group exercise, facilitated group review
Action planning and reflection
– Individual reflection and action planning exercise, facilitated group review
– Course feedback
This training Programme runs for 1 days
Available on request.
Our Assertiveness Skills Workshop is available in a variety of formats to best match your needs
In-House training: We bring the training to your location. Available with customized features created to meet your requirements.
Virtual Training: Delivered totally online, our virtual sessions are designed to keep participants engaged through relevant training, activities for practice, and ongoing reinforcement.
This course is designed for everyone who is required to write reports or similar documents on complex or technical matters. Executives, Non-executives, Managers and support staff
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Advanced Circuit Breaker Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Lean Leadership
- Lean Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
- Mineral Process Plant Optimisation Technology and Continuous Improvement
- Mineral Resource Estimation and Process Control of Mineral Processing Systems
- Solar PV System Design
- Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
- Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Wastewater Purification and Treatment Course
- Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineers
- Fundamental Hydraulic Theory and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation and Valuation of Mineral Projects
- High Voltage Safety Training