Assertiveness Techniques and Approaches Skills Training
The programme will provide individuals with the skills and knowledge to enable them to communicate more confidently and effectively using assertive behaviour techniques. It is designed to teach candidates appropriate strategies for identifying and acting on their desires, needs,
and opinions while remaining respectful of others. This training provides participants with the opportunity to work on their own personal and work situations where they want to be more assertive, enabling them to leave the training equipped with some effective, practiced strategies for achieving a more successful outcome. People who are generally confident will benefit by refreshing their assertiveness skills, the course is especially helpful to learners who battle to be assertive in work situations The resources that you will be introduced to can help you to transform the way you manage yourself and help to improve your relationships with others.
- By the end of this training course, the participants will be able:
• Understand and describe the meaning of assertiveness
• Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of assertiveness
• Understand the importance of assertiveness as an important tool to use to communicate effectively.
• Tried a wide range of techniques to help them to become more assertive in the workplace.
• To explore the importance of self-confidence in business communication
• Recognize types of work behaviors and differentiate between assertiveness and aggression
• Use assertive skills to achieve results without sacrificing themselves and others
• Created an action plan to enable them to build on their new skills going forward
• Develop positive interacting skills that foster team spirit.
Welcome and introductions
• Course objectives and outline for the day
• Domestic arrangements and style of programme
• Introducing the Assertiveness Skills Toolkit
• Facilitator presentation and participant personal introductions
Understanding assertive behavior and discuss the advantages.
• The concept assertiveness is understood and explained.
• Different types of assertive behavior.
• Benefits, advantages, and disadvantages of assertive behavior are listed and discussed.
• Expressing your desired outcome
• Internal beliefs and their impact
Using assertive communication effectively
• Different ways of communicating with fellow-workers are identified and discussed.
• Different situations where assertive behavior will be to the advantage are listed and discussed.
• Practice writing assertive response on personal scenario
• Importance and impact of positive body language and voice tone
• Positive phrasing
More techniques for developing assertiveness.
• Techniques are role-played.
• Assess your style
• Fogging and broken record technique
• Ways of saying ‘no’
• Ways to Keep emotions in check
• Assertiveness techniques are used within context.
Responding to other behavioral styles
• Appreciating the impact of the different styles of behavioral on each other
• Strategies for responding to different behavior styles
• Resolving conflict in a constructive way
• Demonstrating respect for others and their perspectives,
• Speaking your views distinctly enough so that people will listen to and understand you.
Action planning and reflection
• Individual reflection and action planning exercise, facilitated group review
• Course feedback
The Important Role of Accounts Payable (AP) to business
• The meaning of managing accounts payable
• The big picture: accounts payable and the financial health of
• The functions of accounts payable department and the role
of AP staff
• Accounts payable impact on working capital and cash
Accounting Essentials for Accounts Payable
• Accounts payable terminologies
• General ledger and sub-ledger
• Preparing for month end close and accruals
Accounts Payable Processes and Best Practices
• Invoice handling and routing
• The three-way matching
• Methods of payment processing
• Maintaining the vendor master file
• Travel and entertainment (T&E)
• Procurement cards (P-Cards)
Ways of Improving Accounts Payable Management
• Continuous process improvement
• Development performance metrics
• Applying best practices in your organisation
• Identifying proper internal controls
• The annual audit as an added value
• Detecting fraud in accounts payable
The Behavioural Side of Managing Accounts Payable
• Improving the image of the accounts payable department
• Ways to motivate accounts payable sta¬ff
• Organising the accounts payable department
• Closing communication gap
• Dealing with internal customer service
• Importance of internal customer service
• Providing customer service to vendors
Accounts Payable Department as a Real Business Partner
• When should we pay our suppliers
• Understanding cost of funds
• Evaluating early payment discount
• Pros and cons of early or late payments
• Relationship with the treasury department
Accounts Payables Reconciliations
• Introduction to accounts payables reconciliation
• Accounts Payable Reconciliation Process Basics
• Benefits of Accounts Payable Reconciliation
• Typical Steps of the Accounts Payable Reconciliation Process
• How Often Accounts Payable Reconciliation Should Occur
• IAS 12 Income Tax
• Introduction to Income tax
• Gross Income
• Exempt Tax
• Allowable deductions
• Fringe Benefits and Allowances
2 Day Training
Group discounts available on request.
Live and In-class
This programme is ideal for those looking to take more
control of their working and/or personal life, by finding
strategies for being more confident and assertive in
achieving their desired outcome, when communicating
with others. Also, anyone interested in self-development
and working productively.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Masterclass.
- Microsoft Teams for End-Users
- Basic Microsoft Word
- Intermediate Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Outlook: 116395
- Microsoft Outlook: 116945
- Microsoft Outlook Training
- Microsoft Word
- Powerpoint 116930
- Powerpoint 116936
- Intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint
- Advanced Microsoft Powerpoint
- Advanced Microsoft Word
- Advanced Business Report Writing.
- Corporate Communication Skills.
- Effective Interpersonal Skills.
- Excellent Customer Service & Frontline Reception Skill.
- Introduction to Learn for Managers.
- Presentation Skills Programme.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making Skills in the Workplace.
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Advanced Circuit Breaker Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Lean Leadership
- Lean Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
- Mineral Process Plant Optimisation Technology and Continuous Improvement
- Mineral Resource Estimation and Process Control of Mineral Processing Systems
- Solar PV System Design
- Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
- Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Wastewater Purification and Treatment Course
- Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineers
- Fundamental Hydraulic Theory and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation and Valuation of Mineral Projects
- High Voltage Safety Training