Asset management is a systematic process of deploying, operating, maintaining, upgrading, and disposing of assets cost-effectively. This comprehensive, case study-based, 3-day Asset Management Masterclass covers the best practices techniques of managing both tangible and intangible assets in a public sector environment.
This course is non-accredited.
The masterclass also provides delegates with a comprehensive understanding of the application of the requirements of GRAP 17/IAS 16 (Property, Plant and Equipment) and GRAP 11/IAS 11 (Construction Contracts) including the following areas:
- Developing a capitalisation framework
- Accounting for construction works
- Component accounting
- Disposal of components
Delegates will work through detailed case studies and examples to master accounting of assets under GRAP and IFRS standards. Delegates will also be given an opportunity to determine the maturity of asset management at their organisation and develop an action plan to improve the maturity.
Learning outcomes and benefits of attending
- Understand the principles of 4th generation Asset Management principles
- Draft best practice Asset Management Policy and preventative maintenance plans
- Identify internal control considerations on accounting for property, plant and equipment
- Identify Property, Plant and Equipment (PPE) and capitalise for PPE under both GRAP 17 and IFRS 16
- Account for construction works in terms of GRAP 17 and IFRS 16
- Implement component account in terms of GRAP 17 and IFRS 16
- Account for disposal of components in terms of GRAP 17 and IFRS 16
- Maintain asset registers that are GRAP and IFRS compliant
- Deal with all queries raised external auditors and Auditor General
This programme runs for 3 days
Training times can be arranged accordingly in order to cater for the client’s needs.
Available on request.
- Asset Accountants & Asset Managers
- Internal & external auditors
- Finance Managers and Accountants
- Project Accountants
- Facilities Managers
- Operations Managers needing an understanding of Asset Management principles
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Advanced Circuit Breaker Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Lean Leadership
- Lean Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
- Mineral Process Plant Optimisation Technology and Continuous Improvement
- Mineral Resource Estimation and Process Control of Mineral Processing Systems
- Solar PV System Design
- Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
- Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Wastewater Purification and Treatment Course
- Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineers
- Fundamental Hydraulic Theory and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation and Valuation of Mineral Projects
- High Voltage Safety Training