Basic Excel Training
This course is accredited, and material covers unit standards: 116937
The programme has been designed to give participants a
professional approach in using Microsoft Excel 2013/16 to makes it possible to analyse, manage, and share information in more ways
than ever before, helping you make better, smarter decisions. New
analysis and visualization tools help you track and highlight
important data trends.
This is an intensive and highly practical 1 day course that will
introduce delegates to the exciting world of excel. Whilst this
course takes you from scratch in Excel, it is recommended not only
for those who have not had experience in the package but is also an eye-opener if this is your first formal training in Excel. We find that delegates learn a huge amount when exposed to the full scope of the package and the short-cuts have a definite “wow” factor.
- Find out how to effectively use functions and formulas, and
how to format your documents to give them impact.
- Discover the excitement of creating professional spreadsheets, keeping stats updated, managing budgets, and having a visual representation of data for ease of understanding.
About The Workshop
This is a Research-Based Training Course: The course curriculum has
been developed and designed from research with actual industry
practitioners and will in just 1 days give you firm basic grounding of
the concepts and functionalities that Excel has to offer.
The course is practical and focused: Each of the modules presented will include step-by step explanations and hands on examples. A comprehensive Course Reference Manual will be provided packed with ideas-techniques, graphics, flow-charts and excel tools. The manual contains key steps for the exercises.
Laptop computer: This training requires the use of a Pc with Microsoft Excel
Module 1: Getting started
• Topic A: Spreadsheet terminology
• Topic B: Exploring the Excel window
• Topic C: Getting help
• Topic D: Navigating workbooks
Module 2: Entering and editing data
• Topic A: Entering and editing text and values
• Topic B: Entering and editing formulas
• Topic C: Working with pictures
• Topic D: Saving and updating workbooks
Module 3: Modifying a worksheet
• Topic A: Moving and copying data
• Topic B: Moving and copying formulas
• Topic C: Absolute and relative references
• Topic D: Inserting and deleting ranges, rows, and columns
Module 4: Using functions
• Topic A: Entering functions
• Topic B: AutoSum
• Topic C: Other useful functions
Module5: Formatting worksheets
• Topic A: Formatting text
• Topic B: Formatting rows and columns
• Topic C: Formatting numbers
• Topic D: Conditional formatting
Module 6: Printing
• Topic A: Preparing to print
• Topic B: Page Setup options
• Topic C: Printing worksheets
Module 7: Creating charts
• Topic A: Chart basics
• Topic B: Modifying charts
• Topic C: Printing charts
This masterclass runs for 1 day
Available on request.
Our Basic Excel Training is available in a variety of formats to best match your needs
In-House training: We bring the training to your location. Available with customized features created to meet your requirements.
Virtual Training: Delivered totally online, our virtual sessions are designed to keep participants engaged through relevant training, activities for practice, and ongoing reinforcement.
- The target for this course are finance professionals who desire to gain the skills necessary to create templates, sort and filter data, import and export data, analyse data, and work with Excel on the web
- All those who need to be computer literate and need to have a good working knowledge of excel.
- Asset Management Masterclass
- Environmental & Social Management Systems
- Fraud Prevention & Anti Corruption Masterclass
- Risk Appetite & Strategy Masterclass
- Governance, Risk and Compliance Masterclass
- Risk based combined assurance
- Leadership and structures of corporate governance
- Corporate Governance – Role of the board
- Corporate governance Fundamental
- Principles and practices of corporate responsibility
- Engaging stakeholders to build a sustainable plan
- Advanced enterprise risk management masterclass
- Conducting effective lifestyles audits course
- King IV governance compliance and assurance workshop
- Budgeting Skills for managers.
- Financial Analysis, Planning & Control.
- Government Accounting.
- Government Budgeting Including SCOA.
- Accounting for VAT
- Understanding and analyzing financial statements workshop
- Strategic planning, budgeting and rolling forecast workshop
- Strategic forecasting & projections of financial statements masterclass
- Preparing financial statements and annual reports masterclass
- Project finance and modelling
- Pension fund governance, regulations and best practices.
- Mining TAX and strategy masterclass
- International financial reporting standards (IFRS) &updates
- IFRS 9 International finance reporting standards 9 and expected credit loss
- Business intelligence & analytics for finance professionals
- Advanced Recruitment Analysis & Assessment Workshop.
- Disciplinary Code & Procedure Training.
- Employment Equity Legislation Masterclass.
- HR Processes, Culture & Change Management Training.
- Performance management systems training
- Principles and practices of corporate responsibility
- Union responsibilities in the workplace
- Workplace skills plans & annual training reports
- Mining social & labor planning
- Payrol preparation, analysis and management
- New CCMA rules & latest case law
- Human resources & development personnel management
- Developing & Implementing Electronic Documents & Records Management Systems.
- Pragmatic Approach to Managing Records.
- Basic registry, records & archives management
- Pragmatic approach to managing records
- Records management, library management and inventory
- Principles of records management basic – Level 1
- Records management Intermediate – Level 2
- Advanced records management – Level 3
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Advanced Circuit Breaker Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Lean Leadership
- Lean Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
- Mineral Process Plant Optimisation Technology and Continuous Improvement
- Mineral Resource Estimation and Process Control of Mineral Processing Systems
- Solar PV System Design
- Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
- Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Wastewater Purification and Treatment Course
- Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineers
- Fundamental Hydraulic Theory and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation and Valuation of Mineral Projects
- High Voltage Safety Training