Basic Microsoft Outlook
This training is Accredited with MICT SETA and covers material for: Use electronic mail to send and receive messages, 116945, NQF Level 2, 2 Credits
1 day Training
PURPOSE OF THE UNIT STANDARD
This unit standard is intended for people who need to use electronic mail to send and receive messages either as a user of computers or as basic knowledge for a career in the ICT industry.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the concepts and terms of electronic messaging.
- Create and send an E-mail message.
- Receive and respond to e-mails.
- Work with multiple E-mail messages.
- Adjust settings to customise the view and preferences of the E-mail application.
Module 1: Understand the concepts and terms of electronic messaging
- The structure of an email address is explained using an example
- Aspects of E-Mail Etiquette are described with examples
- The benefits of using Email are explained within a specific context
- The limitations of using the Internet are explained with examples
Module 2: Create and send an E-mail message
- The electronic mail application is opened in order to prepare for working with E-mail messages, and closed once finished working with E-mail messages
- The message is addressed to the required recipients.
- The message header (subject) is consistent with the message purpose, and target audience.
- Message test is manipulated and checked for spelling mistakes prior to sending.
- A file is attached to the email message.
- An attachment is deleted from an E-mail message.
- A connection is established with an Internet Service Provider.
- The E-mail is sent to and received by the intended recipients
- The electronic mail application program is closed
Module 3: Receive and respond to e-mails
- The senders of the incoming mail are identified
- The contents of incoming E-mails are displayed
- Precautions are observed when receiving mail
- Received E-mail messages are viewed in the inbox of the Email application
- Attached files are processed according to given specification
- Incoming mail is highlighted according to required specifications
- Response to incoming mail is conducted according to given specifications
Module 4: Print an E-mail message
- An E-mail is printed to the default printer
Module 5: Work with multiple E-mail messages
- A number of E-mail messages are opened for processing
- Control is switched between the open E-mail messages
- Text is manipulated between active E-mail messages
- Text is copied to an E-mail message from another source
- Text is deleted from an E-mail message
- An E-mail message is deleted
Module 6: Adjust settings to customise the view and preferences of the Email application
- Toolbar menus are switched off and on according to use in current situation
- The current view headings are changed according to given requirements.
This masterclass runs for 2 days
Group discounts available on request.
Our A Complete Introduction to Power BI Desktop is available in a variety of formats to best match your needs
In-House training: We bring the training to your location. Available with customized features created to meet your requirements.
Virtual Training: Delivered totally online, our virtual sessions are designed to keep participants engaged through relevant training, activities for practice, and ongoing reinforcement.
- Anyone looking to pursue a career in data analysis or business intelligence
- Data analysts and Excel users hoping to develop advanced data modelling, dashboard design and business intelligence skills
- People who want to understand how to create customized visuals
- All Excel users who work with data, reports, and dashboards
- Management Accountants who are required to report on transactional data sets
- Marketing and Operational Analysts
- Entrepreneurs / CEO /Accountants looking to master the Data Analysis process
- Anyone wanting to transition into Business Analytics.
- Asset Management Masterclass
- Environmental & Social Management Systems
- Fraud Prevention & Anti Corruption Masterclass
- Risk Appetite & Strategy Masterclass
- Governance, Risk and Compliance Masterclass
- Risk based combined assurance
- Leadership and structures of corporate governance
- Corporate Governance – Role of the board
- Corporate governance Fundamental
- Principles and practices of corporate responsibility
- Engaging stakeholders to build a sustainable plan
- Advanced enterprise risk management masterclass
- Conducting effective lifestyles audits course
- King IV governance compliance and assurance workshop
- Budgeting Skills for managers.
- Financial Analysis, Planning & Control.
- Government Accounting.
- Government Budgeting Including SCOA.
- Accounting for VAT
- Understanding and analyzing financial statements workshop
- Strategic planning, budgeting and rolling forecast workshop
- Strategic forecasting & projections of financial statements masterclass
- Preparing financial statements and annual reports masterclass
- Project finance and modelling
- Pension fund governance, regulations and best practices.
- Mining TAX and strategy masterclass
- International financial reporting standards (IFRS) &updates
- IFRS 9 International finance reporting standards 9 and expected credit loss
- Business intelligence & analytics for finance professionals
- Advanced Recruitment Analysis & Assessment Workshop.
- Disciplinary Code & Procedure Training.
- Employment Equity Legislation Masterclass.
- HR Processes, Culture & Change Management Training.
- Performance management systems training
- Principles and practices of corporate responsibility
- Union responsibilities in the workplace
- Workplace skills plans & annual training reports
- Mining social & labor planning
- Payrol preparation, analysis and management
- New CCMA rules & latest case law
- Human resources & development personnel management
- Developing & Implementing Electronic Documents & Records Management Systems.
- Pragmatic Approach to Managing Records.
- Basic registry, records & archives management
- Pragmatic approach to managing records
- Records management, library management and inventory
- Principles of records management basic – Level 1
- Records management Intermediate – Level 2
- Advanced records management – Level 3
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Advanced Circuit Breaker Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Lean Leadership
- Lean Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
- Mineral Process Plant Optimisation Technology and Continuous Improvement
- Mineral Resource Estimation and Process Control of Mineral Processing Systems
- Solar PV System Design
- Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
- Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Wastewater Purification and Treatment Course
- Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineers
- Fundamental Hydraulic Theory and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation and Valuation of Mineral Projects
- High Voltage Safety Training