CLERICAL WORK AND ADMINISTRATION SKILLS
To inculcate within its participants most essential clerical and administrative skills needed to efficiently run an office
• To update the participants’ skills regarding latest spreadsheet and word software
• To build communication skills within participants for better dealing with clients and colleagues
• To keep up to date with latest trends and office practices emerging in the market
• To polish up the clerical skills such as book-keeping, filing of documents, etc.
• To learn proper maintenance of financial and banking transactions
• To provide better customer service through suited telephone and email skills
• To ensure a smooth running of the office
Successful completion of the course will benefit organisations in the following ways:
Efficient office assistants make certain that offices run smoothly with timely schedules and plans
Organization is benefited at the time of events such audits as office assistants ensure proper filing and maintenance of all the necessary documents
Organized office environment promotes better performance from the employees
Organizations avoid delay and backlog thus saving time and money
- Participants will be able to keep up-to-date with latest
- Participants will gain hands-on knowledge of working with
different office software
- Improved communication skills
- Improved book-keeping skills and thus learn better handling
of financial data
- Develop problem-solving skills
- Gain proficiency in clerical tasks such as drafting letters,
scheduling meetings, recording, etc.
Module 1: Need for office administration
• Range of roles in oce administration
• Skills needed for oce administration
• Managing change
• Oce administrators as gate-keepers
Module 2: Office book-keeping
• Analytical skills needed
• Understanding double-entry system
• Maintaining ledger
• Preparing month-end close
• Payroll management
• Audit trail
Module 3: Business record management
• Retention of business records
• Maintenance of business records
• Destruction of business records
Module 4: Office communication
• Internal and external oce communication
• Mechanical devices for oce communication and their use:
telephone, typewriter, etc.
• Upward and downward communication
• Minutes, circulars, notice and other forms of written communication
Module 5: Business etiquettes
• Face to face interaction
• Etiquettes to follow on social media
• Telephone etiquette
• Dressing sense
Module 6: Office procedures
• Understanding organization structure
• Scheduling and calendar management
• Client management
Module 7: English composition
• Email writing
• Letter drafting
• Maintaining social media prole
Module 8: Use of technology
• Word processing software
• Preparing presentations
• Spreadsheet software
5 Day Training
Group discounts available on request.
Live and In-class
• Office assistants
• Clerical staff
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Masterclass.
- Microsoft Teams for End-Users
- Basic Microsoft Word
- Intermediate Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Outlook: 116395
- Microsoft Outlook: 116945
- Microsoft Outlook Training
- Microsoft Word
- Powerpoint 116930
- Powerpoint 116936
- Intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint
- Advanced Microsoft Powerpoint
- Advanced Microsoft Word
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Advanced Circuit Breaker Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Lean Leadership
- Lean Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
- Mineral Process Plant Optimisation Technology and Continuous Improvement
- Mineral Resource Estimation and Process Control of Mineral Processing Systems
- Solar PV System Design
- Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
- Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Wastewater Purification and Treatment Course
- Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineers
- Fundamental Hydraulic Theory and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation and Valuation of Mineral Projects
- High Voltage Safety Training