Conflict in the workplace can be a symptom of unresolved problems or faulty systems, but managed well, conflict can also be a source of creativity and innovation. Conflict Management workshop will equip you with the analytical frameworks and skills to play a productive role in managing your organization’s conflicts.
Each workshop uses realistic workplace scenarios to challenge you to diagnose the sources, levels, and dimensions of conflicts, determine how to best address each type of conflict, and practice the skills necessary to play a variety of roles in conflict management.
To introduce practical conflict resolution techniques and strategies that managers and team leaders can effectively utilise when managing conflict in the workplace. It should build on previous training, skills and knowledge of effective performance management.
By the end of this training course, the participants will have:
- Defined confrontation and their role in managing conflict in the workplace, to ensure they maximise individual and team performance.
- Identified their preferred style/s in influencing others and managing conflict and the additional strategies that they need to use to successfully resolve the conflict situation.
- Demonstrated their skills in resolving conflict and confrontation.
- Have identified a plan to apply and enhance their communication skills in the workplace to address existing conflicts.
This training Programme runs for 1 days
Current strategies for handling conflict in the workplace
- Defining confrontation
- Identifying where you focus your attention and energy
- Role in managing conflict in the workplace
- Current conflict resolution strategies
- Presentation, practice sessions in pairs with co-coaching, facilitated group review
- Recognising different styles of conflict
- Recognising your own preferred way of
- dealing with conflict
- Identifying the impact of different conflict styles
- Presentation, individual questionnaire and reflection, small group exercise and review
Managing the conflict process
- conflict process and conflict resolution
- Reviewing different stages of the conflict process
- Recognising contributions and potential conflict management strategies to change outcome
- Presentation, individual reflection and pairs exercise, group review
Influencing and assertiveness styles
- The wheel of influencing
- Non-verbal elements of influencing
- Stating wants
- Using consequences
- Suggesting and proposing ideas
- Giving feedback
- Adapting to the situation with integrity
- Presentation, pairs exercise and practice, facilitated group review
- Testing out the use of current and new strategies
- Practice sessions in pairs or trios, facilitated group review
Action planning and reflection
- Review of learning and action planning,
- course feedback
- Individual reflection and action planning exercise, facilitated group review
Our Conflict Management is available in a variety of formats to best match your needs
In-House training: We bring the training to your location. Available with customized features created to meet your requirements.
Virtual Training: Delivered totally online, our virtual sessions are designed to keep participants engaged through relevant training, activities for practice, and ongoing reinforcement.
Available on request.
- We can all benefit from techniques and tools to recognise and manage conflict in our business and personal lives. Almost every day we are faced with situations of potential conflict. How you react and behave under these circumstances determines whether the “potential escalates Into actual conflict or not.
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Advanced Circuit Breaker Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Lean Leadership
- Lean Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
- Mineral Process Plant Optimisation Technology and Continuous Improvement
- Mineral Resource Estimation and Process Control of Mineral Processing Systems
- Solar PV System Design
- Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
- Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Wastewater Purification and Treatment Course
- Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineers
- Fundamental Hydraulic Theory and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation and Valuation of Mineral Projects
- High Voltage Safety Training