Dates: Available on Request
Locations: Johannesburg, South Africa
Platform: Available In-Class / Online
Environmental condition of properties is an important issue in redevelopment, financing, and transactions. All stakeholders must be aware of potential environmental liabilities. This detailed three-day seminar provides information on approaches and methodologies on the basis of Environmental Chemistry required for assessment and remediation of contaminated soil and groundwater in accordance with the phased structure of ESA, RA, and remediation.
Applicable Environmental Chemistry concepts and principles, along with fundamentals of soil and groundwater properties as well as fate and transport of contaminants in porous media, will be provided to be employed in the standard procedures outlined in phased structured ESA including sampling and analysis, Human Health RA, and exposure control. Conventional and innovative soil and groundwater remediation methods will be discussed along with clean-up requirements.
Understand the phased structure of Environmental Site Assessment (ESA), Risk Assessment (RA) and Remediation requirements
Support your projects using necessary Environmental Chemistry knowledge
Understand basics of fate and transport of contaminants in porous media
Construct Conceptual Site Model and devise Sampling and Analysis Plan
Evaluate and select appropriate remediation technologies for contaminated soil and groundwater
Regulatory personnel (federal, provincial, and municipal)
Environmental Engineers and Technologists
Consultants and Soil Scientists
Our diverse instructional approaches ensure effective learning:
– Lectures & Presentations: Engage with expert-driven, stimulating content.
– Course Material: Access well-crafted supporting resources.
– Group Work: Collaborate on discussions and case studies for practical insights.
– Workshops & Role-Play: Participate in immersive, scenario-based activities.
– Practical Application: Focus on applying theoretical knowledge in real situations.
– Post-Training Support: Receive extensive support after training for skill implementation.