Crisis Management Training
This Crisis Management workshop is aimed at helping employees understand why dealing with the crisis is beneficial to them and the organisation. It is all about being on top of such crises and not let them topple you.
It will cover identifying ‘minefields’ and developing level-headed approaches to deal with the situation to maintain or even increase confidence in the organisation. We will discuss issues like the spiral of confidence and a siege mentality. Participants will be exposed to practical situations and be encouraged to use the knowledge learnt to defuse these potential threats.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to;
- Develop a conceptual understanding of crises and issues, recognising the differences between them.
- Identify target audiences
- Have an understanding of how crises are managed more by leadership and management
- Develop awareness on managing communication in dealing with the four levels of outrage and risks faced by the public
- Develop a deeper understanding through case studies.
- Have tools – like a crisis management protocol – to deal with difficult situations at the workplace and a game plan change.
This training Programme runs for 1 days
- What is Crisis, recent global trends and historical perspectives
- Definitions and types of crises issues which do not need a crisis-level response
- The Cycle of Crisis Management the full cycle in dealing with a crisis
- Interdepartmental relations, data bank, spokespersons
- Prevention aspect which focuses on knowledge management
- Confidence-building versus being under siege
- Case studies to discern the approach taken by the Comms team.
- Dealing with the Crisis and managing both internal and external communications (including social media) for various forms of crises.
- Make Communications Matter, guidelines on handling a crisis – empathy, accuracy
Available on request.
Our Crisis Management workshop is available in a variety of formats to best match your needs
In-House training: We bring the training to your location. Available with customized features created to meet your requirements.
Virtual Training: Delivered totally online, our virtual sessions are designed to keep participants engaged through relevant training, activities for practice, and ongoing reinforcement.
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Advanced Circuit Breaker Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Lean Leadership
- Lean Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
- Mineral Process Plant Optimisation Technology and Continuous Improvement
- Mineral Resource Estimation and Process Control of Mineral Processing Systems
- Solar PV System Design
- Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
- Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Wastewater Purification and Treatment Course
- Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineers
- Fundamental Hydraulic Theory and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation and Valuation of Mineral Projects
- High Voltage Safety Training