Dates: 11 March 2024
Locations: Johannesburg, South Africa
Platform: Available In-Class / Online
This workshop addresses all the important issues regarding conformance to DMR guidelines. Issues such as the legislative framework governing the mining industry as well as implementing strategies that aid compliance to the DMR process in order to prevent sanctions being issued for non-compliance will be discussed in this workshop. This workshop will get you ready and equipped to deal with inspections and investigations by the DMR. Knowledge of the act and regulations is critical and being able to interpret the law correctly may mean the difference between compliance and negligence.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
Understand the DMR structures
How to handle DMR enquires and inquests
Be prepared to deal with inspections and investigations by the DMR.
Understanding the legal jargon and concepts
Know the DMR’s powers, rights and obligations.
Chief Safety Officers
Safety, Quality and Environmental Managers
Health and Safety Representatives.
Our diverse instructional approaches ensure effective learning:
– Lectures & Presentations: Engage with expert-driven, stimulating content.
– Course Material: Access well-crafted supporting resources.
– Group Work: Collaborate on discussions and case studies for practical insights.
– Workshops & Role-Play: Participate in immersive, scenario-based activities.
– Practical Application: Focus on applying theoretical knowledge in real situations.
– Post-Training Support: Receive extensive support after training for skill implementation.
Explanation of the POWER, RIGHTS, and OBLIGATIONS of the DMRE INSPECTORATE
Managing inspections by the DMRE INSPECTORATE
Hosting and inspector
Facilitating an inspector’s inspection visit
Inspectorate current areas of focus.
Understanding and dealing with notices issued in terms of the Mine Health and Safety Act 29 of 1996
DMRE Admin Fine Guideline
Managing Investigations by the DMRE INSPECTORATE
Inquiries and Inquest
Interpretation and/ or Explanation of legal terms and concepts.
DMRE Strategy Plan 2021/2022
Recent fatal formal inquiries: lessons learnt.
Wrap up: In summary
Close of Training Course