Effective Communication in
Empower your team with effective communication skills to create a thriving workplace. Without good communication skills in the workplace, co-workers will experience frustration, poor performance, missed opportunities and team conflict. Businesses who have booked this program have since experienced a more happier work environment where people feel valued.
Our 2-day effective Communication Skills Training will help your team to listen more actively, build more positive relationships whilst communicating with each other in a clear & respectful manner.
This Communication Skills Training course is accredited, and material covers unit standards: 12433 Use communication techniques effectively.
During the workshop, you will learn and practise:-
- Overcome barriers to effective communication
- Be more self-aware and communicate better
- Understand that listening is the key to effective communication
- Improve your interpersonal skills.
- Learn the basics of verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Achieve a stronger focus on your business goals.
- Understand communication strategies
- Give and receive feedback
- Apply the skills in a working environment
Module 1: The Importance of Good Communication Skills
- The Communication Quiz – Am I communicating effectively?
- Video: Results Driven Communication
Module 2: Understanding the Various Components of Communication
Module 3: Sending Effective Messages Through:
- Verbal Language: Communicating through better choices of words
- Body Language in Communication: The Positive and Negative Body Language We Communicate
- Our tone of Voice and its Impact on Others
Module 4: Discovering My Communication Style
- What Style am I?
- My Communication Style and how it affects others
- Adapting My Communication Style to others
- Using My Communication Style to add value to the team
Module 5: Active Listening Skills
- Understanding the intent of the message
- Listening Strategies
Module 6: Paraphrasing Skills
- Is that what you said?
Module 7: Feedback Skills
- Giving positive feedback
- Giving negative feedback
- Receiving feedback
Module 8 Questioning Skills
- Asking the right questions to get to the heart of the matter
This training Programme runs for 2 days
Our Communication Skills Training is available in a variety of formats to best match your needs
In-House training: We bring the training to your location. Available with customized features created to meet your requirements.
created to meet your requirements.
Virtual Training: Delivered totally online, our virtual sessions are designed to keep participants engaged through relevant training, activities for practice, and ongoing reinforcement.
Available on request.
Front line Service Staff, Support Staff, Secretaries, Personal Assistants and anyone who would like to improve their communication skills in the office.
- Asset Management Masterclass
- Environmental & Social Management Systems
- Fraud Prevention & Anti Corruption Masterclass
- Risk Appetite & Strategy Masterclass
- Governance, Risk and Compliance Masterclass
- Risk based combined assurance
- Leadership and structures of corporate governance
- Corporate Governance – Role of the board
- Corporate governance Fundamental
- Principles and practices of corporate responsibility
- Engaging stakeholders to build a sustainable plan
- Advanced enterprise risk management masterclass
- Conducting effective lifestyles audits course
- King IV governance compliance and assurance workshop
- Budgeting Skills for managers.
- Financial Analysis, Planning & Control.
- Government Accounting.
- Government Budgeting Including SCOA.
- Accounting for VAT
- Understanding and analyzing financial statements workshop
- Strategic planning, budgeting and rolling forecast workshop
- Strategic forecasting & projections of financial statements masterclass
- Preparing financial statements and annual reports masterclass
- Project finance and modelling
- Pension fund governance, regulations and best practices.
- Mining TAX and strategy masterclass
- International financial reporting standards (IFRS) &updates
- IFRS 9 International finance reporting standards 9 and expected credit loss
- Business intelligence & analytics for finance professionals
- Advanced Recruitment Analysis & Assessment Workshop.
- Disciplinary Code & Procedure Training.
- Employment Equity Legislation Masterclass.
- HR Processes, Culture & Change Management Training.
- Performance management systems training
- Principles and practices of corporate responsibility
- Union responsibilities in the workplace
- Workplace skills plans & annual training reports
- Mining social & labor planning
- Payrol preparation, analysis and management
- New CCMA rules & latest case law
- Human resources & development personnel management
- Developing & Implementing Electronic Documents & Records Management Systems.
- Pragmatic Approach to Managing Records.
- Basic registry, records & archives management
- Pragmatic approach to managing records
- Records management, library management and inventory
- Principles of records management basic – Level 1
- Records management Intermediate – Level 2
- Advanced records management – Level 3
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Advanced Circuit Breaker Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Lean Leadership
- Lean Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
- Mineral Process Plant Optimisation Technology and Continuous Improvement
- Mineral Resource Estimation and Process Control of Mineral Processing Systems
- Solar PV System Design
- Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
- Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Wastewater Purification and Treatment Course
- Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineers
- Fundamental Hydraulic Theory and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation and Valuation of Mineral Projects
- High Voltage Safety Training