Effective Communication in
Empower your team with effective communication skills to create a thriving workplace. Without good communication skills in the workplace, co-workers will experience frustration, poor performance, missed opportunities and team conflict. Businesses who have booked this program have since experienced a more happier work environment where people feel valued.
Our 2-day effective Communication Skills Training will help your team to listen more actively, build more positive relationships whilst communicating with each other in a clear & respectful manner.
This Communication Skills Training course is accredited, and material covers unit standards: 12433 Use communication techniques effectively.
During the workshop, you will learn and practise:-
- Overcome barriers to effective communication
- Be more self-aware and communicate better
- Understand that listening is the key to effective communication
- Improve your interpersonal skills.
- Learn the basics of verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Achieve a stronger focus on your business goals.
- Understand communication strategies
- Give and receive feedback
- Apply the skills in a working environment
Module 1: The Importance of Good Communication Skills
- The Communication Quiz – Am I communicating effectively?
- Video: Results Driven Communication
Module 2: Understanding the Various Components of Communication
Module 3: Sending Effective Messages Through:
- Verbal Language: Communicating through better choices of words
- Body Language in Communication: The Positive and Negative Body Language We Communicate
- Our tone of Voice and its Impact on Others
Module 4: Discovering My Communication Style
- What Style am I?
- My Communication Style and how it affects others
- Adapting My Communication Style to others
- Using My Communication Style to add value to the team
Module 5: Active Listening Skills
- Understanding the intent of the message
- Listening Strategies
Module 6: Paraphrasing Skills
- Is that what you said?
Module 7: Feedback Skills
- Giving positive feedback
- Giving negative feedback
- Receiving feedback
Module 8 Questioning Skills
- Asking the right questions to get to the heart of the matter
This training Programme runs for 2 days
Our Communication Skills Training is available in a variety of formats to best match your needs
In-House training: We bring the training to your location. Available with customized features created to meet your requirements.
created to meet your requirements.
Virtual Training: Delivered totally online, our virtual sessions are designed to keep participants engaged through relevant training, activities for practice, and ongoing reinforcement.
Available on request.
Front line Service Staff, Support Staff, Secretaries, Personal Assistants and anyone who would like to improve their communication skills in the office.
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Advanced Circuit Breaker Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Lean Leadership
- Lean Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
- Mineral Process Plant Optimisation Technology and Continuous Improvement
- Mineral Resource Estimation and Process Control of Mineral Processing Systems
- Solar PV System Design
- Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
- Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Wastewater Purification and Treatment Course
- Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineers
- Fundamental Hydraulic Theory and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation and Valuation of Mineral Projects
- High Voltage Safety Training