Effective Team Leadership
What makes a group of people want to work together as a team? What makes a team want to do their very best work? When people feel safe, supported, and free to make a valuable contribution that will be recognised, they consistently perform at their best.
When the emotional environment is rich and transparent, teams can trust enough to take risks and that promotes more complete and creative decision making. Desired team competencies include trusting, risk taking, communicating, conflict resolution and being respectful and productive. These result when an organization intentionally understands these competency domains and develops the environment that elicits the motivation to fully participate and the emotional intelligence skills to support the competencies.
Competencies are the big picture statement of what is needed to be successful in a job. Emotional intelligence is the ability to recognize and manage one’s emotions, as well as the ability to recognize and respond effectively to the emotions of others. It not only includes being able to engage with others in your organisation but also understanding your team and extended departments from the “big picture” point of view.
Explore and define what a team is, as well as how to build an effective team within the organisation. In general, a team is a group of people who cooperate and work together in order to achieve a common goal or set of goals. Each team member brings to the table a different set of skills, experience and talent, although they all share the same amount of commitment towards achieving their particular goal(s). The key to building an effective team is ensuring that there is communication within the group so that all barriers to success may be eliminated.
What Will You Gain from This Course?
- The ability to define a team.
- Understand the importance of team building.
- Understand the dynamics of effective teamwork and behaviour.
- The stages of team development.
- Building an effective team.
- The effect of different cultures within a team.
- Types of team roles.
- How to become a winning team.
- Understand the nature and theories underlying Emotional Intelligence (EI).
- Gain a better understanding of how Emotional Intelligence impacts our life.
- Learn how to become more self-aware.
- Manage yourself and your emotions more efficiently.
- Know how to deal with conflict situations.
- Understand the principles of feedback – giving and receiving.
- Define the various EI competencies and identify areas for improvement as needed.
- Determine the impact of different leadership styles and their associated competencies on
- organisational climate
This masterclass runs for 2 days
- Module 1: From Group to Work Teams
- Module 2: Code of Conduct for the team
- Module 3: Emotions, moods and Emotional Intelligence
- Module 4: Team Member Performance and Empowerment
- Module 5: Conflict Management
Available on request.
Our Effective Team Leadership Programme is available in a variety of formats to best match your needs
In-House training: We bring the training to your location. Available with customized features created to meet your requirements.
Virtual Training: Delivered totally online, our virtual sessions are designed to keep participants engaged through relevant training, activities for practice, and ongoing reinforcement.
This Unit Standard is intended for managers in all economic sectors. These managers would typically be second level managers such as heads of department, section heads or divisional heads, who may have more than one team reporting to them.
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Advanced Circuit Breaker Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Lean Leadership
- Lean Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
- Mineral Process Plant Optimisation Technology and Continuous Improvement
- Mineral Resource Estimation and Process Control of Mineral Processing Systems
- Solar PV System Design
- Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
- Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Wastewater Purification and Treatment Course
- Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineers
- Fundamental Hydraulic Theory and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation and Valuation of Mineral Projects
- High Voltage Safety Training