Effective Written Responses
This Effective Written Responses to Complaints training is designed specifically for business professionals to master new and specific techniques that will help sharpen their writing skills. The course will help participants produce a higher standard of reply submissions, to understand that good writing is not difficult.
The course is structured such that participants will learn to adopt an appropriate style, tone and format of writing to express their points coherently. And to consistently produce sharp, focused and concise replies. They will also pick up skills to avoid common writing errors and to write convincingly to sell their ideas.
This Effective Written Responses to Complaints course is accredited, and material covers unit standards: (242864 Answer customer enquiries by mail, facsimile, and e-mail in a wide range of public sector contexts Level 3 cr4)
By the end of this training course, the participants will have:
- Plan and organise their replies
- Express ideas to suit the audience and purpose
- Use specific tools as guidelines for writing
- Identify and avoid the common errors in writing
- Apply the principles in writing business correspondence
- Reply to complaint letters
This training Programme runs for 1 days
Module 1: Business Writing Process
- Old Fashioned Language versus Modern Business Correspondence
- Summary versus Concise Writing Essentials
- Approaches to writing – Active and passive voice; Direct and indirect persuasive approaches
- How to make the tone of writing work for you—Positive, negative and neutral tones
Module 2: Know Your Customers
- Identifying customers
- What readers really expect
Module 3: Application Tools
- How to plan your writing using the four-point plan, news triangle, four P’s and problem-cause-effect-solution in writing for e-mails, letters of complaint and enquiry
- Avoiding “reply” templates and using phrases to reply to an aggrieved customer
Module 4: Proofreading and Vetting Process
- Common errors made in customer correspondence using samples of existing office replies
- How to compliment customers without over patronising them.
- Writing replies to different readers based on case studies. (Enquiries and complaints)
Available on request.
Our Effective Written Responses to Complaints is available in a variety of formats to best match your needs
In-House training: We bring the training to your location. Available with customized features created to meet your requirements.
Virtual Training: Delivered totally online, our virtual sessions are designed to keep participants engaged through relevant training, activities for practice, and ongoing reinforcement.
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Advanced Circuit Breaker Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Lean Leadership
- Lean Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
- Mineral Process Plant Optimisation Technology and Continuous Improvement
- Mineral Resource Estimation and Process Control of Mineral Processing Systems
- Solar PV System Design
- Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
- Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Wastewater Purification and Treatment Course
- Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineers
- Fundamental Hydraulic Theory and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation and Valuation of Mineral Projects
- High Voltage Safety Training