Prospen Africa has specifically designed this interactive course to enable all delegates to practically interpret the Employment Equity Act. They will be able to use this training and the information as a blueprint for establishing an Employment Equity Committee and will in addition gain an understanding of the link between Employment Equity, Skills Development, B-BBEE & your organisation’s Strategic Objectives.
Today, South Africa’s workforce is made up of individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures. The ability to understand and manage all types of people is critical to achieving organisational goals and objectives. Employment Equity Act is one of the HRD legislation that seeks to eliminate unfair discrimination (policy and practice) in the workplace, and to achieve equitable representation of employees from designated groups.
Businesses are expected to comply and meet targets and are subjected to penalties which according to the new amendment to the Employment Equity Act will target the turnover and force non-compliant businesses to close their doors and result in more unemployment and economic downturn. Thus, the Employment Equity Act requires that designated employers design and implement an Employment Equity plan in order to achieve reasonable advancement in employment equity.
- Understand the background and history of discrimination in South Africa,
- Demonstrating knowledge and understanding of diversity in the workplace.
- Understand what is meant by diversity, different cultures and values.
- They will be able to describe transformation legislation
- Understand the Employment Equity Act, including the recent amendments and their relevance to companies.
- Understand the rights, functions, and responsibilities of Employment Equity Consultation Committees.
- Know how to draw up and EE Plan, implement, monitor, evaluate and report on EE plan implementation
MODULE 1 – List (comprehensively) the key elements of the Employment Equity legislation.
- The key elements of Employment Equity legislation are listed in a report and presented to interested parties using appropriate media.
- An analysis is provided of the extent to which these elements feature in the Employment Equity plan of a large organisation.
MODULE 2 – Present an understanding of the link between employment equity and the business strategy.
- The business strategy of a company is explained using its key features as explanation.
- The link between the business and Employment Equity strategies is determined and a report written on the degree of agreement between them.
- Proposals of how the integration of the two can be improved are tabled with examples.
- The value of greater integration towards profitability is outlined with examples.
MODULE 3 – Determine whether the appropriate relationships exist between Employment Equity and factors impacting on it.
- A list of the factors that impact on Employment Equity is provided in writing; with examples of the role, they play.
- An analysis is provided of what constitutes appropriate relationships between these factors and Employment Equity, with examples.
MODULE 4 – Identify non-compliance with employment equity strategy and purpose.
- The labour Practices of an organization are examined to determine the degree of compliance and non-compliance with legislation and a report written for management.
- A proposal for improvement of compliance is communicated to the Employment Equity Committee in the appropriate format.
- A proposal is presented on how the employer and employee awareness of Employment Equity can be improved in an organization with examples of what action can be taken.
This masterclass runs for 3 days
R 7 999.00
*Group Discounts Available on Request.
Our Employment Equity Legislation Masterclass is available in a variety of formats to best match your needs
In-House training: We bring the training to your location. Available with customized features created to meet your requirements.
Virtual Training: Delivered totally online, our virtual sessions are designed to keep participants engaged through relevant training, activities for practice, and ongoing reinforcement.
- This masterclass is for all people, both individuals and employees who need to know what employment equity is. These could be members of Employment Equity Committees, Workplace Forums or Consultation Committees, senior managers, HR staff and anyone involved in the development and/or implementation of Employment Equity Plans.
- Asset Management Masterclass
- Environmental & Social Management Systems
- Fraud Prevention & Anti Corruption Masterclass
- Risk Appetite & Strategy Masterclass
- Governance, Risk and Compliance Masterclass
- Risk based combined assurance
- Leadership and structures of corporate governance
- Corporate Governance – Role of the board
- Corporate governance Fundamental
- Principles and practices of corporate responsibility
- Engaging stakeholders to build a sustainable plan
- Advanced enterprise risk management masterclass
- Conducting effective lifestyles audits course
- King IV governance compliance and assurance workshop
- Budgeting Skills for managers.
- Financial Analysis, Planning & Control.
- Government Accounting.
- Government Budgeting Including SCOA.
- Accounting for VAT
- Understanding and analyzing financial statements workshop
- Strategic planning, budgeting and rolling forecast workshop
- Strategic forecasting & projections of financial statements masterclass
- Preparing financial statements and annual reports masterclass
- Project finance and modelling
- Pension fund governance, regulations and best practices.
- Mining TAX and strategy masterclass
- International financial reporting standards (IFRS) &updates
- IFRS 9 International finance reporting standards 9 and expected credit loss
- Business intelligence & analytics for finance professionals
- Advanced Recruitment Analysis & Assessment Workshop.
- Disciplinary Code & Procedure Training.
- Employment Equity Legislation Masterclass.
- HR Processes, Culture & Change Management Training.
- Performance management systems training
- Principles and practices of corporate responsibility
- Union responsibilities in the workplace
- Workplace skills plans & annual training reports
- Mining social & labor planning
- Payrol preparation, analysis and management
- New CCMA rules & latest case law
- Human resources & development personnel management
- Developing & Implementing Electronic Documents & Records Management Systems.
- Pragmatic Approach to Managing Records.
- Basic registry, records & archives management
- Pragmatic approach to managing records
- Records management, library management and inventory
- Principles of records management basic – Level 1
- Records management Intermediate – Level 2
- Advanced records management – Level 3
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Advanced Circuit Breaker Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Lean Leadership
- Lean Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
- Mineral Process Plant Optimisation Technology and Continuous Improvement
- Mineral Resource Estimation and Process Control of Mineral Processing Systems
- Solar PV System Design
- Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
- Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Wastewater Purification and Treatment Course
- Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineers
- Fundamental Hydraulic Theory and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation and Valuation of Mineral Projects
- High Voltage Safety Training