Environmental & Social
Management Systems (ESMS)
An Environmental & Social Management System (ESMS) is a framework that integrates environmental and social risk management into a Financial Institution’s business processes. An ESMS ensures that the Financial Institution’s activities are in compliance with its environmental and social standards.
This 2-day comprehensive and case-study based ESMS Masterclass has been developed for all staff with responsibilities for implementing the procedures of the ESMS in financial institutions. The Masterclass highlights the purpose of the ESMS in managing E&S risks as well as specific expectations of staff in doing so. The training also familiarises staff with the environmental and social risk management procedures, their roles and responsibilities and the practical implications in terms of conducting the enhanced transaction appraisal and monitoring process.
This Masterclass highlights the purpose of the ESMS in managing E&S risks as well as specific expectations of staff in doing so. The training also familiarises staff with the environmental and social risk management procedures, their roles and responsibilities and the practical implications in terms of conducting the enhanced transaction appraisal and monitoring process. This 2-day comprehensive ESMS Masterclass has been developed for all staff with responsibilities for implementing the procedures of the ESMS in financial institutions.
1. Sustainability and Banking Institutions
- Sustainability in Finance
- Sustainability and development institutions
- The Financial Sector as a Driver for Change
- The rationale for sustainability in Banking Operations
- The Benefits of an ESMS
- How to Convince a Skeptical Banker
- How to Link an ESMS with the Bank’s Risk Management Process
3. Establishing an ESMS: The Building Process
- The Foundation: Objectives and Scope
- What Are the Building Blocks of an ESMS?
- Application of an ESMS to Daily Operations
- Integration into the Credit Cycle
- Roles and Responsibilities: Recommendations
- Customizing an ESMS for Different Banking Activities
- An ESMS for Tier 2 FIs
- Case studies – implementation of ESMS in Southern Africa
- Development of an ESMS
- The ESMS Design
- ESMS Implementation
- Resources Available
- Implications Relating to Time and Budget
- Tool kit for the development of an ESMS
- Identification of risks and impacts
- Management programmes
- Organisational capacity and competence
- Emergency preparedness and response
- Stakeholder engagement
- External communications and grievances mechanisms
- Lessons learnt in ESMS implementation
This programme runs for 2 days
Training times can be arranged accordingly in order to cater for the client’s needs.
Available on request.
This course is designed for representatives, directors and staff involved in the management of environmental and social risks. It will, however, be useful to anyone interested in the implementation of Environmental and Social Management System (ESMS) in the financial sector.
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Advanced Circuit Breaker Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Lean Leadership
- Lean Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
- Mineral Process Plant Optimisation Technology and Continuous Improvement
- Mineral Resource Estimation and Process Control of Mineral Processing Systems
- Solar PV System Design
- Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
- Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Wastewater Purification and Treatment Course
- Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineers
- Fundamental Hydraulic Theory and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation and Valuation of Mineral Projects
- High Voltage Safety Training