Finance and Non-Finance Managers
Decisions employees make daily in business often have a notable impact on the organisation’s financial standing. However, many people do not understand the importance of assessing how their decisions impact the organisation’s bottom-line.
Not being able to interpret financial statements fuels this lack of
understanding. This three-day programme is for those who want to
improve their understanding of the financial ramifications of their
decisions – whether these relate to an impact on the income statement,
balance sheet or cash-flow statement.
Through a mixture of classroom lectures, practical exercises and
interpretation of financial statements, this course will help delegates to ‘lift
Upon completion of this course, the participants should be able to:
• Describe financial management terminology, concepts, and principles
• Apply various financial planning techniques such as budgeting, cash-flow projections, cost benefit analysis, variance analysis and cost management
• Analyse and interpret financial management statements and reports such as the balance sheet, income and expenditure statement, budget, cash flow projection, variance analysis and assets register
• Describe valuations and credit management principles and processes
• Explain how financial decisions are arrived at
• Give the basic principles of sound business investment decisions
• Appreciate financial principles of accountability, cost effectiveness, cost efficiency and value for money
• Apply ratio analysis of financial statements and appreciate the advantages and limitations of ratio analysis
• Describe financial management success and failure factors
Learning Unit 1: The role of management
• The financial management cycles
• Your Role in the Company Finances Case study and analysis
Learning Unit 2: Accounting Terminology
• The Balance Sheet
• Liabilities and Equity
• Profit and Loss Statement (Income Statement)
• Cash Flow statement
• Financial management failure and success factors
• Centralised vs decentralised financial management
• Analysing various accounting ratios
Learning Unit 3: Monitoring financial processes and procedures
• Variance analysis early warning system
• Analysis and interpretation of financial statements
• Analysing income statements and balance sheets
• Apply ratio analysis and percentage of financial statements
• Advantages and limitations of ratio analysis
Learning Unit 4: Budget planning and management
• Aligning budgets with management plans
• Format of the budget submission
• Preparing a budget
• Budget and budgeting cycle
• Different budgeting processes
• Reviewing budgets
• Strengths and weaknesses of various
• budgeting techniques
• Cash flow projections
Learning Unit 5: Budgeting and financial Forecasting
• The types and patterns of financial forecasts
• Sources of financial forecasts
• Elements used for preparing financial forecast
• Factors Considered in Financial Forecasting
• Analysis of forecasts
Learning Unit 6: Asset management
• Revenue management
• Tracking Business Expenses
• Using Accounting Software
• Managing Profit Performance
• Comparing Investment Opportunities
Learning Unit 7: Financial reporting and Auditing
• Overview of the auditing function
• The external audit processes
• Case study and analysis
3 – Day Training
Group discounts available on request.
In class, In house & Online
Sales and Marketing Manager
• Warehousing Managers
• Logistics Managers
• Engineering Managers
• Operations Managers
• Human Resources Managers
• Training Managers
- Asset Management Masterclass
- Environmental & Social Management Systems
- Fraud Prevention & Anti Corruption Masterclass
- Risk Appetite & Strategy Masterclass
- Governance, Risk and Compliance Masterclass
- Risk based combined assurance
- Leadership and structures of corporate governance
- Corporate Governance – Role of the board
- Corporate governance Fundamental
- Principles and practices of corporate responsibility
- Engaging stakeholders to build a sustainable plan
- Advanced enterprise risk management masterclass
- Conducting effective lifestyles audits course
- King IV governance compliance and assurance workshop
- Budgeting Skills for managers.
- Financial Analysis, Planning & Control.
- Government Accounting.
- Government Budgeting Including SCOA.
- Accounting for VAT
- Understanding and analyzing financial statements workshop
- Strategic planning, budgeting and rolling forecast workshop
- Strategic forecasting & projections of financial statements masterclass
- Preparing financial statements and annual reports masterclass
- Project finance and modelling
- Pension fund governance, regulations and best practices.
- Mining TAX and strategy masterclass
- International financial reporting standards (IFRS) &updates
- IFRS 9 International finance reporting standards 9 and expected credit loss
- Business intelligence & analytics for finance professionals
- Advanced Recruitment Analysis & Assessment Workshop.
- Disciplinary Code & Procedure Training.
- Employment Equity Legislation Masterclass.
- HR Processes, Culture & Change Management Training.
- Performance management systems training
- Principles and practices of corporate responsibility
- Union responsibilities in the workplace
- Workplace skills plans & annual training reports
- Mining social & labor planning
- Payrol preparation, analysis and management
- New CCMA rules & latest case law
- Human resources & development personnel management
- Developing & Implementing Electronic Documents & Records Management Systems.
- Pragmatic Approach to Managing Records.
- Basic registry, records & archives management
- Pragmatic approach to managing records
- Records management, library management and inventory
- Principles of records management basic – Level 1
- Records management Intermediate – Level 2
- Advanced records management – Level 3
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Advanced Circuit Breaker Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Lean Leadership
- Lean Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
- Mineral Process Plant Optimisation Technology and Continuous Improvement
- Mineral Resource Estimation and Process Control of Mineral Processing Systems
- Solar PV System Design
- Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
- Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Wastewater Purification and Treatment Course
- Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineers
- Fundamental Hydraulic Theory and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation and Valuation of Mineral Projects
- High Voltage Safety Training