Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation & Valuation of Mineral Projects
A comprehensive and up to date training course that will prepare and equip you with the necessary knowledge and techniques to accurately estimate and evaluate mineral resource based on practical methods that has been proven worldwide. Mineral Resources and their subsequent conversion to Ore Reserves are of key importance to mining companies. Their reliable estimation is critical to both the confidence in a feasibility study, and also to the day-to-day operation of a mine. Any company expecting to make sound investment or operational decisions must base the resource estimation on both relevant and reliable information.
This course is non-accredited.
The workshop is aimed at professionals who are interested in discussing the real-world application of resource estimation techniques. Using little or no mathematics, we will discuss case studies involving interpretation of everyday questions in mineral resources estimation. Presentations will explain the underlying assumptions of resource estimation, the techniques currently used in the real world, the advantages and limitations of such techniques and the decision processes which underlie a successful resource or reserve estimation.
Based on the mineral resource’s estimation a valuation of mineral project will be introduced. This aim to address the and understanding the interrelationship between technical and financial risk to truly understand the long- term value of an asset. This will help delegate to make a better investment (or divestment) decision, secure debt finance for both development and acquisition of advanced projects. Understanding how debt impacts the valuation of projects allows for an objective approach to determining levels of gearing; this is relevant to both the investment banking and mining communities.
This workshop runs for 3 days
Training times can be arranged accordingly in order to cater for the client’s needs.
Available on request.
- Process Superintendents
- Process Engineers
- Metallurgical Managers
- Minerals Processing Engineers/ Technician
- Mine/ Mineral Plant Engineers
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Advanced Circuit Breaker Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Lean Leadership
- Lean Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
- Mineral Process Plant Optimisation Technology and Continuous Improvement
- Mineral Resource Estimation and Process Control of Mineral Processing Systems
- Solar PV System Design
- Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
- Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Wastewater Purification and Treatment Course
- Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineers
- Fundamental Hydraulic Theory and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation and Valuation of Mineral Projects
- High Voltage Safety Training