Fundamentals of Project Management with Microsoft Project Workshop
Scheduling and Tracking project progress is one of the most crucial aspects of the project management process. Schedules provide extremely important information regarding potential problems, early warning signs, and analysis capability throughout the entire project life cycle. The extensive training program provides highly practical hands-on experience in forming, managing and reporting on project schedules using Microsoft Project. The software is designed to assist managers in developing timelines, assigning resources to tasks, tracking progress, managing the budget, and analyzing workloads.
The delegates will be introduced to the best practices of planning and management of all aspects of a project by integrating MS Project. Simultaneously, they will be equipped with fundamentals skills essential for engaging, communicating and interacting with stakeholders.
- Project Management Overview
- Project Management Process Groups
- Roles of Projects and Project Managers
- Project Life cycle and Scheduling
- Project Stakeholder Analysis; Power/Interest Grid
- Project Initiation and Planning
- Schedule Management Plan
- Creating the Project
- Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Working with Tables, Filters and Views
- Schedule Models
- Creating Tasks
- Task Inputs
- Critical Path Method
- Near Critical Paths
- Resource Planning Process
- Resources Availability, Analysis and Schedule Impact
- Resources leveling Concepts.
- Project Execution, Baseline, and Communications
- Communication Management Plan
- Schedule Review Meetings
- Budget Analysis and Cost Control
- Performance Measurement
- Schedule Status
- Impact Analysis
- And Variances
- Change Control
- What-if Scenario Analysis
- Schedule Compressions
- Master Projects
- Project Reporting
- Defining Custom Tables, Filters, Groups and Views
- Understanding the entire process of project scheduling and identifying the critical components
- Use Work Breakdown Structure to represent all the elements and deliverables of the project.
- Extract key milestones and project constraints and incorporate them into the project schedule.
- Apply Critical Path Methodology Analysis
- Create “what if” scenarios to compare various possible approaches to schedule issues, including fast-tracking and crashing.
- Work with master projects for multiple project analysis.
This masterclass runs for 4 day
Available on request
Our Fundamentals Of Project Management With Microsoft Project Workshop is available in a variety of formats to best match your needs
In-House training: We bring the training to your location. Available with customized features created to meet your requirements.
Virtual Training: Delivered totally online, our virtual sessions are designed to keep participants engaged through relevant training, activities for practice, and ongoing reinforcement.
- Project Managers, Officers and Coordinators
- HR Professionals
- Finance and Purchasing Professionals
- Administrative Staff
- Asset Management Masterclass
- Environmental & Social Management Systems
- Fraud Prevention & Anti Corruption Masterclass
- Risk Appetite & Strategy Masterclass
- Governance, Risk and Compliance Masterclass
- Risk based combined assurance
- Leadership and structures of corporate governance
- Corporate Governance – Role of the board
- Corporate governance Fundamental
- Principles and practices of corporate responsibility
- Engaging stakeholders to build a sustainable plan
- Advanced enterprise risk management masterclass
- Conducting effective lifestyles audits course
- King IV governance compliance and assurance workshop
- Budgeting Skills for managers.
- Financial Analysis, Planning & Control.
- Government Accounting.
- Government Budgeting Including SCOA.
- Accounting for VAT
- Understanding and analyzing financial statements workshop
- Strategic planning, budgeting and rolling forecast workshop
- Strategic forecasting & projections of financial statements masterclass
- Preparing financial statements and annual reports masterclass
- Project finance and modelling
- Pension fund governance, regulations and best practices.
- Mining TAX and strategy masterclass
- International financial reporting standards (IFRS) &updates
- IFRS 9 International finance reporting standards 9 and expected credit loss
- Business intelligence & analytics for finance professionals
- Advanced Recruitment Analysis & Assessment Workshop.
- Disciplinary Code & Procedure Training.
- Employment Equity Legislation Masterclass.
- HR Processes, Culture & Change Management Training.
- Performance management systems training
- Principles and practices of corporate responsibility
- Union responsibilities in the workplace
- Workplace skills plans & annual training reports
- Mining social & labor planning
- Payrol preparation, analysis and management
- New CCMA rules & latest case law
- Human resources & development personnel management
- Developing & Implementing Electronic Documents & Records Management Systems.
- Pragmatic Approach to Managing Records.
- Basic registry, records & archives management
- Pragmatic approach to managing records
- Records management, library management and inventory
- Principles of records management basic – Level 1
- Records management Intermediate – Level 2
- Advanced records management – Level 3
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Advanced Circuit Breaker Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Lean Leadership
- Lean Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
- Mineral Process Plant Optimisation Technology and Continuous Improvement
- Mineral Resource Estimation and Process Control of Mineral Processing Systems
- Solar PV System Design
- Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
- Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Wastewater Purification and Treatment Course
- Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineers
- Fundamental Hydraulic Theory and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation and Valuation of Mineral Projects
- High Voltage Safety Training