Human Resource Development is the framework for helping employees develop their skills, knowledge, and abilities, which in turn improves an organization’s effectiveness. HR needs to demonstrate that it makes a contribution at all levels. This involves ensuring that the management team is supported in their attempts to manage. At the same time HR has to ensure that employees are motivated, supported and developed. This can only be done through the management team.
The up-to-date approach is that HR facilitates and supports assisting the management team in efforts to improve productivity and commitment. HR is at the center of change, but change is handled by and through the management team. In this way change is more effective and longer lasting. However, this approach requires a new type of HR function with new practices and a series of new skills within the HR team. This training will give you the confidence to develop a new sort of HR function; show you a new approach and help you with learning the new practices and skills.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
Maximise the benefits from effective human resource management
Apply the key HR and HRD strategies for improving organisational success
Understand the history and development of HR and Personnel Management practices
Work effectively with the line management team
Develop a response to the key issues surrounding HR e.g., career development, effective succession planning, making a success of performance management, etc.
Human resources support staff
Managers & Supervisors
Professionals with an interest in people management and development would also benefit
Our diverse instructional approaches ensure effective learning:
– Lectures & Presentations: Engage with expert-driven, stimulating content.
– Course Material: Access well-crafted supporting resources.
– Group Work: Collaborate on discussions and case studies for practical insights.
– Workshops & Role-Play: Participate in immersive, scenario-based activities.
– Practical Application: Focus on applying theoretical knowledge in real situations.
– Post-Training Support: Receive extensive support after training for skill implementation.