Implementing the Three Bid
Committees Accredited Training
This Skills Programme is Aligned to the Unit Standard:
Demonstrate Knowledge and Insight Into A Bid Committee System Applicable To An Organ Of State In South Africa NQF LEVEL 5, 15 CREDITS, US: 337061 (DURATION five (5) DAYS). This course is accredited by the P-SETA and material covers unit standard 337061 on NQF level 5 worth 15 credits.
- How you can align Bid Committees with other supply chain initiatives such as strategic sourcing
- Apply knowledge of the functions of the Bid Speciation Committee
- Apply knowledge of the applicable regulatory framework to ensure compliance
- PPPFA formula to use and how to correctly apply the formula
- How to develop a solid recommendation report to the Bid Adjudication Committee
- Discuss the importance of ethical conduct at all stages of the bid committee process
- The different responsibilities and roles in each Committee and what to look for in selecting the chairs of the different Bid Committees
- The role of transparency and how to manage the involvement of suppliers in the Bid Committee processes
- Apply knowledge of the functions of the Bid Evaluation Committee; and
- Apply knowledge of the functions of the Bid Adjudication Committee.
- Participants in the 5-day course will work on an integrated case study and will have an opportunity to practice important tasks drawn from real world case studies and useful templates and techniques.
5 days course is available as accredited
3 and 2 days course is available as non-accredited course
The training can be customized to suit the customer needs
Session 1: Welcome and explaining the training process
Session 2: REGULARITY FRAMEWORK FOR SCM AND BID COMMITTEE SYSTEM
Session 3: ROLES OF BID COMMITTEES IN SCM FRAMEWORK
- Bid Specification Committee (BSC)
- Bid Evaluation Committee (BEC)
- Bid Adjudication Committee (BAC)
APPLYING PRINCIPLES OF SCM PROCUREMENT BID COMMITTEE SYSTEM
Session 1: SPECIFICATION COMMITTEE (BSC)
- SPECIFICATION COMMITTEE PROCESS
SESSION 2: PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
SESSION 1 and 2 : BID EVALUATION COMMITTEE (BEC)
SESSION 3: PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
- Bid Evaluation Process
- Price and BEE points calculations
- Case Study and practical application with calculations to determine the which bid will be recommended by the BEC
- Bid Evaluation Committee Report with recommendations to (BAC)
SESSION 1: BID ADJUDICATION COMMITTEE (BAC)
- Case study with practical application
- Make final recommendations on awarding of contract or
- If delegated award the contract
Session 3: CONTRACT MANAGEMENT
Prepare for the submission of the POE the summative assessment
NOTE: Participants are advised to bring along a basic calculator to enable them to complete some of the activities.
Formative assessment will be conducted throughout the training process by means of completing the Workbook which must be submitted with the POE assessment..
Summative assessment will be conducted through an individual assignment/ POE which you will have to submit within 40 days after the classroom training. The assignment will assess your ability to apply the principles and formulae covered during the course in your workplace situation.
The attendance of the four day compulsory training is required in order to be eligible to hand in your Assignment /POE. After the successful completion of this skills programme during which there will be the formative assessment Workbook and the portfolio of evidence assignment (POE) which will have to be submitted within 40 days of the completion of the class room session. Successful learners will receive a certificate of competence
Our Implementing the Three Bid Committees is available in a variety of formats to best match your needs
In-House training: We bring the training to your location. Available with customized features created to meet your requirements.
Virtual Training: Delivered totally online, our virtual sessions are designed to keep participants engaged through relevant training, activities for practice, and ongoing reinforcement.
R 11 999.00
*Group Discounts Available on Request.
• Contract Managers
• Asset Controllers
• Adjudication Committee Members
• Bid Specification Committee Members
• Asset Managers/Officers
• Legal Service
• Supply Chain Managers/Officers
• Procurement Officers/Managers
• State Accountant
• Project Managers
• Admin Officials
• Treasury Clerk
• Purchasing Managers/Officers
- F.E.T Certificate: Business Administration Services.
- F.E.T Certificate: New Venture Creation.
- F.E.T Certificate: Project Management.
- F.E.T Certificate; Generic Management.
- National Certificate: Generic Management.
- National Certificate: New Venture Creation (SMME).
- Certificate: Municipal Financial management.
- F.E.T Certificate: Leadership Development.
- National Certificate: Local Economic Development.
- National Certificate: Public Administration.
- National Certificate: Public Administration.
- F.E.T Certificate: Public Administration.
- Occupational Certificate: Safety, Health & Quality Practitioner.
- Public Finance Management Act (PFMA) & Related Treasury Regulations
- Implementing the Four Bid Committees
- Implementing the Two Bid Committees
- Public Sector Risk Management.
- Professional Project Management Skills.