Internal Communication Strategies For HR
Having a culture of strong internal communications is one of the greatest motivators to staff, and if lacking, teams soon feel out of touch and uninformed. Effectively learn how to manage the most important asset and greatest risk within your organisation: your people.
This 5-day Internal Communications Strategies for HR Practitioners course will teach you the secrets of employee engagement, as well as how to plan and deliver effective communications. Explore theories like persuasion and storytelling, learn how to apply them in practice, and develop an understanding of where internal communication fits into the structure, systems and processes, leadership and culture of an organisation, and how internal communicators can support the management of strategic and transformational objectives.
The course also introduces the fundamentals of human resource management and the role that it plays within organisations. During this 5-day course, delegates will discover how HR professionals help organisations achieve their business goals and strategic objectives and develop their HR and employee engagement skills.
- Know what engagement is, why it matters and how to use communication to increase and sustain it
- Understand how change and uncertainty impact engagement in the workplace and what leaders and communicators can do to address this
- Have a range of strategies and tools for assessing, driving and measuring engagement in the current context and beyond
- Know how to work with leaders and managers to help them engage more effectively, including remotely and across boundaries
Module 1: INTRODUCTION TO INTERNAL COMMUNICATION
- Defining internal communication and its purpose
- Understanding the difference between strategies, plans and policies
- The importance of understanding people and cultures
- Good practice writing and introduction to rhetoric
Module 2: ENHANCING INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS
- Enhancing internal communications and engagement
- Enhancing employee and management relations
- Harnessing a fair and consistent working environment for all employees
- Improve your listening skills and tackle performance problems effectively
Module 3: INTERNAL COMMUNICATION STRATEGIES
- Exploring different approaches to internal communications
- Develop honest and open communications during review meetings
- Understand how to set clear objectives through clear and consistent messages
- Positive team-building and cohesive working relationships
Module 4: ENGAGING AMID UNCERTAINTY
- What engagement is and why it matters
- What drives engagement in organisations and the role of communication
- The impact of change and uncertainty on engagement and wellbeing
- Communication strategies and tactics to maintain engagement and wellbeing during change and uncertainty
- Putting together a communication strategy to drive specific engagement outcomes, during change
Module 5: FUNDAMENTALS OF HR MANAGEMENT FUNCTIONS
- HR policies and principles
- Ensuring policies match up with the organisational culture
- Creating strategic HR plans that are flexible and adaptable to change
- The process of recruitment and selection of new employees
- Setting in place effective appraisal and feedback systems
- The process of implementing training and development policies
This workshop runs for 5 days
Available on Request.
Our Internal Communication Strategies For HR is available in a variety of formats to best match your needs
In-House training: We bring the training to your location. Available with customized features created to meet your requirements.
Virtual Training: Delivered totally online, our virtual sessions are designed to keep participants engaged through relevant training, activities for practice, and ongoing reinforcement.
- HR practitioners
- Employee engagement practitioners
- Managers and Supervisors responsible for delivering internal communication
- Internal Communication practitioners
- Team Leaders who manage people and teams
- Asset Management Masterclass
- Environmental & Social Management Systems
- Fraud Prevention & Anti Corruption Masterclass
- Risk Appetite & Strategy Masterclass
- Governance, Risk and Compliance Masterclass
- Risk based combined assurance
- Leadership and structures of corporate governance
- Corporate Governance – Role of the board
- Corporate governance Fundamental
- Principles and practices of corporate responsibility
- Engaging stakeholders to build a sustainable plan
- Advanced enterprise risk management masterclass
- Conducting effective lifestyles audits course
- King IV governance compliance and assurance workshop
- Budgeting Skills for managers.
- Financial Analysis, Planning & Control.
- Government Accounting.
- Government Budgeting Including SCOA.
- Accounting for VAT
- Understanding and analyzing financial statements workshop
- Strategic planning, budgeting and rolling forecast workshop
- Strategic forecasting & projections of financial statements masterclass
- Preparing financial statements and annual reports masterclass
- Project finance and modelling
- Pension fund governance, regulations and best practices.
- Mining TAX and strategy masterclass
- International financial reporting standards (IFRS) &updates
- IFRS 9 International finance reporting standards 9 and expected credit loss
- Business intelligence & analytics for finance professionals
- Advanced Recruitment Analysis & Assessment Workshop.
- Disciplinary Code & Procedure Training.
- Employment Equity Legislation Masterclass.
- HR Processes, Culture & Change Management Training.
- Performance management systems training
- Principles and practices of corporate responsibility
- Union responsibilities in the workplace
- Workplace skills plans & annual training reports
- Mining social & labor planning
- Payrol preparation, analysis and management
- New CCMA rules & latest case law
- Human resources & development personnel management
- Developing & Implementing Electronic Documents & Records Management Systems.
- Pragmatic Approach to Managing Records.
- Basic registry, records & archives management
- Pragmatic approach to managing records
- Records management, library management and inventory
- Principles of records management basic – Level 1
- Records management Intermediate – Level 2
- Advanced records management – Level 3
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Advanced Circuit Breaker Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Lean Leadership
- Lean Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
- Mineral Process Plant Optimisation Technology and Continuous Improvement
- Mineral Resource Estimation and Process Control of Mineral Processing Systems
- Solar PV System Design
- Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
- Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Wastewater Purification and Treatment Course
- Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineers
- Fundamental Hydraulic Theory and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation and Valuation of Mineral Projects
- High Voltage Safety Training