International Financial Reporting
Standards (IFRS) & Updates
24 – 28 October .22 Location: Cape Town Beachfront
Our International Financial Reporting Standards IFRS training course will help build the knowledge you need for success in the business world. We believe those who want to enrich their professional aspirations and skills will enjoy expanding career opportunities and goals. This course is developed with input from subject matter experts from across the region. It is designed to provide accounting and finance professionals with the training, knowledge, and practical guidance. This guidance is needed to use IFRS and stay up to date with its newest standards and changes.
Describe the setting process in IFRS and list the currently available standards
Explain the most recent updates on existing IFRS and evaluate the effect of newly issued standards on their organization/sector. Determine the correct presentation and minimum disclosure for components of statements. These components can be financial position, statements of comprehensive income, owners’ equity, and cash flows in accordance with IFRS.
Appraise and properly account for transactions affecting current assets and liabilities, and non-current assets. In addition to liabilities, revenues, and expenses in accordance with IFRS.
Apply professional judgment in applying IFRS for matters relating to non-recurrent business transactions.
Introduction to IFRS and presentation of financial statements
- Defining the term ‘IFRS’
- IFRS standard-setting process
- Financial position presentation format as per IAS1, presentation of financial statements
- Components and defining of current and non-current assets and liabilities
- Offsetting assets and liabilities
- Income statement minimum presentation requirements as per IAS1, presentation of financial statements
- Presentation of revenues and expenses by nature or by function
- Components and ranking of stockholders’ equity
- Other comprehensive income: nature of its components
- Supplemental disclosures
Our International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) & Updates is available in a variety of formats to best match your needs
In-House training: We bring the training to your location. Available with customized features created to meet your requirements.
Virtual Training: Delivered totally online, our virtual sessions are designed to keep participants engaged through relevant training, activities for practice, and ongoing reinforcement.
- IFRS rules for current assets and liabilities
- Day 3
- IFRS rules for non-current assets and liabilities
- Investment securities IFRS 9
- Revenue from contracts with customers IFRS 15
- IFRS 16, Leases
- Wrap-up on newest standards and list of current and prior years’ updates on IFRSs
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Advanced Circuit Breaker Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Lean Leadership
- Lean Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
- Mineral Process Plant Optimisation Technology and Continuous Improvement
- Mineral Resource Estimation and Process Control of Mineral Processing Systems
- Solar PV System Design
- Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
- Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Wastewater Purification and Treatment Course
- Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineers
- Fundamental Hydraulic Theory and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation and Valuation of Mineral Projects
- High Voltage Safety Training