Leadership & Crisis Management
in Emergency Situations Workshop
At the heart of robust and prepared crisis management arrangements is trained individuals and teams, familiar with their responsibilities, environment and ideally proven to set standards. Prospen Africa provides advice on training programmes and methodologies to suit your organisation or business to ensure your teams and resources are fit for purpose. Additionally, we offer a range of courses that underpin the preparedness of your business
This is a non-Accredited course.
This training course will provide professionals with the knowledge, skills, and attitudes required to manage and lead teams and organisations before, during, and after a crisis or emergency. All leaders are sooner or later confronted with the need to lead and manage their team or organisation during a crisis or emergency. The leadership skills and competencies that are required in these demanding circumstances are much more challenging of the leader than normal everyday leadership.
This course will also cover the basics of the COVID 19 Virus currently impacting the world. Most of our lives are a combination of work, family, and community involvement. A pandemic can affect all of these areas. Being informed and knowing what to do during a pandemic can help minimize the impact.
Our case-studies and group discussions will examine recent Crisis and Emergencies which necessitated leaders to make rapid decisions, many times without all the relevant up to date information, while accepting significant risk in order to achieve a favourable outcome for themselves, their team, their organisation and all stakeholders. Do not miss this opportunity, are you fully prepared?
This training course will also feature:
- Exercising leadership under emergency and crisis situations
- Assessing, prioritizing risks and threats before, during, and after a crisis
- Making decisions quickly and efficiently and knowing when and how to involve others and to delegate effectively
- Communicating and collaborating with legal and government authorities, media, and other agencies and organisations
- Conducting emergency and crisis management operations
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand individual and collective psychology and organisational dynamics in crises and emergencies
- Understand how the flu virus spreads
- Be able to establish a business continuity plan to help prepare your workplace
- Analyse and make rational decisions in before, during and after crises and emergencies
- Lead teams and organisations in crises and emergencies
- Solve problems and manage crises and emergencies
Understand and apply ethical factors in crisis and emergency leadership
Module 1: Psychology and Dynamics of Crisis and Emergencies
- The nature of crisis and emergencies
- Individual psychology under crisis and emergency conditions
- Collective psychology under crisis and emergency conditions
- Evolution and dynamics of crises and emergencies
- Crises and emergencies don’t just work 8-hour days
- Tasks of leaders before, during, and after a crisis or emergency
Module 2: Rational Decision-Making in Crisis, Emergencies and Pandemic Planning
- Instinct, intuition, and reason
- What is a pandemic?
- The influenza virus and how it spreads
- Why prepare for Pandemics? Cause and Effect
- Business Continuity plan
- Health and safety concerns
- Individual and collective Decision-Making
- Psychology & human behaviour, solutions to improve your Decision Making
- Delegation through mission-based leadership
- Structured hierarchical planning and operations
Module 3: Leading Teams and Organizations
- Roles and responsibilities of leaders in crises and emergencies
- Crisis/emergency management organization
- Creating effective and efficient teams through rapid teambuilding
- Creating effective and efficient interagency cooperation and collaboration
- Organizational & team dynamics: morale, cohesion, mood, unity of purpose
- Principles of operational command and leadership
Module 4: Solving the Problem: Managing the Crisis or Emergency
- Seeking cause & effect to solve problems, not blame or responsibility
- Creating and running a crisis/emergency Command Centre
- Elements of risk management: prevention, response, containment & recovery
- Principles of business continuity and crisis operations
- Information gathering and situational awareness
- Operational rhythm, routines, and information management
Module 5: Ethical Factors in Crisis and Emergency Leadership
- Caring for subordinates and their families
- The leader’s self-care
- Responsibilities to authorities, the public and/or victims
- Managing and leveraging social media
- After-action review and lessons learned processes
- Preparing for the next crisis or emergency
This training runs for 3 days
Training times can be arranged accordingly in order to cater for the client’s needs.
Available on request.
Executives, Managers and Supervisors who must build and lead dynamic and high performing teams and organisations in risky situations with a high probability of crises or emergencies are encouraged to attend to this course.
- Asset Management Masterclass
- Environmental & Social Management Systems
- Fraud Prevention & Anti Corruption Masterclass
- Risk Appetite & Strategy Masterclass
- Governance, Risk and Compliance Masterclass
- Risk based combined assurance
- Leadership and structures of corporate governance
- Corporate Governance – Role of the board
- Corporate governance Fundamental
- Principles and practices of corporate responsibility
- Engaging stakeholders to build a sustainable plan
- Advanced enterprise risk management masterclass
- Conducting effective lifestyles audits course
- King IV governance compliance and assurance workshop
- Budgeting Skills for managers.
- Financial Analysis, Planning & Control.
- Government Accounting.
- Government Budgeting Including SCOA.
- Accounting for VAT
- Understanding and analyzing financial statements workshop
- Strategic planning, budgeting and rolling forecast workshop
- Strategic forecasting & projections of financial statements masterclass
- Preparing financial statements and annual reports masterclass
- Project finance and modelling
- Pension fund governance, regulations and best practices.
- Mining TAX and strategy masterclass
- International financial reporting standards (IFRS) &updates
- IFRS 9 International finance reporting standards 9 and expected credit loss
- Business intelligence & analytics for finance professionals
- Advanced Recruitment Analysis & Assessment Workshop.
- Disciplinary Code & Procedure Training.
- Employment Equity Legislation Masterclass.
- HR Processes, Culture & Change Management Training.
- Performance management systems training
- Principles and practices of corporate responsibility
- Union responsibilities in the workplace
- Workplace skills plans & annual training reports
- Mining social & labor planning
- Payrol preparation, analysis and management
- New CCMA rules & latest case law
- Human resources & development personnel management
- Developing & Implementing Electronic Documents & Records Management Systems.
- Pragmatic Approach to Managing Records.
- Basic registry, records & archives management
- Pragmatic approach to managing records
- Records management, library management and inventory
- Principles of records management basic – Level 1
- Records management Intermediate – Level 2
- Advanced records management – Level 3
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Advanced Circuit Breaker Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Lean Leadership
- Lean Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
- Mineral Process Plant Optimisation Technology and Continuous Improvement
- Mineral Resource Estimation and Process Control of Mineral Processing Systems
- Solar PV System Design
- Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
- Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Wastewater Purification and Treatment Course
- Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineers
- Fundamental Hydraulic Theory and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation and Valuation of Mineral Projects
- High Voltage Safety Training