Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
Effective & Reliable Maintenance provides a competitive edge in many companies. Effective planning and scheduling contribute significantly to Reduced maintenance cost, and avoiding over insurance on outdated equipment. It also improves utilization of the maintenance workforce by reducing delays and interruptions.
This training course is packed with the insights and the powerful techniques of successful maintenance planning and scheduling for high equipment reliability. Maintenance Planning and Scheduling is all about improving quality of maintenance work by adopting the best methods and procedures and assigning the most qualified workers for the job. The true benefit of effective maintenance is an inventory and production improvement in TAKT time; Cycle time; Basic time and Standard time.
By attending this training course, delegates will be able to understand the following:
- Minimizing the idle time of maintenance workers.
- Maximizing the efficient use of work time, material, and equipment; out with the old and in with the new
- Maintaining the operating equipment at a responsive level to the need of production in terms of delivery schedule and quality. Aid production to achieve TAKT and Cycle times
- Determine the correct load on machines and equipment – eliminate overload or under load. This leads to a correct make or buy decision on the strategic management level.
- Use maintenance as an effective method of cost reduction and improving uptime. Maintenance saves money
- Make the entire facility more efficient in all areas.
- Practical exercises of the different tools to help delegates find the methods that are the easiest for them or those that work best under certain conditions
- The ratio of theory to practical is: 20% theory; 80% practical; including working on soft copies
- Case Studies will be provided and worked through with delegates in a separate workbook supplied
MODULE 1 :BASIC PRINCIPLES OF MAINTENANCE
- Key Terms and Definitions
- The Maintenance Function in Context
- Maintenance Objectives
- Maintenance Work Task Classifications
- Condition Based Maintenance Principles
- Preventive Maintenance contributes to Planning & Scheduling
- Make Reliability part of the Business Processes
MODULE 2: ASSET MANAGEMENT & LIFE CYCLE
- The Asset Management ‘Journey’
- Choosing a Maintenance Methodology
- Plant and Equipment Life Cycle
- Benefits of Quality Maintenance
- Understanding Waste in Manufacturing
MODULE 3: INTRODUCTION TO PLANNING
- Basics of Planning
- Benefits of planning
- Planning Criteria
- Strategic Importance of Planning Maintenance
- Maintenance Planner’s Task List
- How Maintenance Planning and Scheduling Reduce Costs
- Support for Planning
- Business Processes
MODULE 4: IDENTIFY WORK
- Step 1: Identify Work
- Work Identification
- Work Screening
- “Normal wear” Failure Mode
MODULE 5: WORK ORDERS AND WORK REQUESTS
- The Work Order Process
- The Work Request
- Approving Work Requests
- Priority Setting
- Work Orders
- Record Maintenance costs
- Small maintenance jobs
- Work Order Coding
MODULE 6: PLAN WORK
- Step 2: Plan work
- Job Planning
- Work Order Check List
- Manpower planning
- Procurement of Spares/Materials
- Safety/Quality Requirements
- International Engineering and Equipment Care Standards
- Precision Maintenance for Maximum Failure-Free Life
MODULE 7: SCHEDULE WORK
- Step 3: Schedule Work
- Introduction to Scheduling
- Scheduling skills and tools
- Importance of Good Co-ordination and integration
- Shutdown progress monitoring
- Balance the scheduled work
- Scheduling deadlines
- Setting work priorities – two levels
- Scheduling procedures
- Scheduling meetings
MODULE 8: APPLICATION OF MAINTENANCE WORK MEASUREMENT
- Job measurements
- Backlog Management
- Forward Work Projection
- Consider Plant Availability
- Pert/Critical Path Scheduling
- Maintenance Scheduling Classes
MODULE 9: EXECUTE WORK
- Step 4: Execute Work
- Assignment of work
- Tradesperson’s responsibilities
- Changes of scope
MODULE 10: MAINTENANCE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM: CMMS
- Maintenance Management System: CMMS
- Data management
- Business processes
- Inventory control
- Information for metrics and reports
- Work Order (WO) Management Module
- Vendor Support
MODULE 11: DATA ANALYSIS AND REPORTING
- Data Analysis and Reporting
- Reporting History
- Management Reporting
- Maintenance Planner Reporting
- Cost Reporting/Control
This workshop runs for 2 – 3 days
Our Maintenance Planning And Scheduling is available in a variety of formats to best match your needs
In-House training: We bring the training to your location. Available with customized features created to meet your requirements.
Virtual Training: Delivered totally online, our virtual sessions are designed to keep participants engaged through relevant training, activities for practice, and ongoing reinforcement.
Available on request.
Delegates should represent a wide range of personnel in the organisation who are involved in, or dependent on, effective maintenance asset management. These should include:
- Maintenance Artisans, Supervisors, Planners & Managers
- Logistics Supervisors & Managers
- Plant Managers & Engineers
- Management Information staff
- Project managers
- Risk Management Professionals
- Financial Managers
- Asset Management Masterclass
- Environmental & Social Management Systems
- Fraud Prevention & Anti Corruption Masterclass
- Risk Appetite & Strategy Masterclass
- Governance, Risk and Compliance Masterclass
- Risk based combined assurance
- Leadership and structures of corporate governance
- Corporate Governance – Role of the board
- Corporate governance Fundamental
- Principles and practices of corporate responsibility
- Engaging stakeholders to build a sustainable plan
- Advanced enterprise risk management masterclass
- Conducting effective lifestyles audits course
- King IV governance compliance and assurance workshop
- Budgeting Skills for managers.
- Financial Analysis, Planning & Control.
- Government Accounting.
- Government Budgeting Including SCOA.
- Accounting for VAT
- Understanding and analyzing financial statements workshop
- Strategic planning, budgeting and rolling forecast workshop
- Strategic forecasting & projections of financial statements masterclass
- Preparing financial statements and annual reports masterclass
- Project finance and modelling
- Pension fund governance, regulations and best practices.
- Mining TAX and strategy masterclass
- International financial reporting standards (IFRS) &updates
- IFRS 9 International finance reporting standards 9 and expected credit loss
- Business intelligence & analytics for finance professionals
- Advanced Recruitment Analysis & Assessment Workshop.
- Disciplinary Code & Procedure Training.
- Employment Equity Legislation Masterclass.
- HR Processes, Culture & Change Management Training.
- Performance management systems training
- Principles and practices of corporate responsibility
- Union responsibilities in the workplace
- Workplace skills plans & annual training reports
- Mining social & labor planning
- Payrol preparation, analysis and management
- New CCMA rules & latest case law
- Human resources & development personnel management
- Developing & Implementing Electronic Documents & Records Management Systems.
- Pragmatic Approach to Managing Records.
- Basic registry, records & archives management
- Pragmatic approach to managing records
- Records management, library management and inventory
- Principles of records management basic – Level 1
- Records management Intermediate – Level 2
- Advanced records management – Level 3
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Advanced Circuit Breaker Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Lean Leadership
- Lean Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
- Mineral Process Plant Optimisation Technology and Continuous Improvement
- Mineral Resource Estimation and Process Control of Mineral Processing Systems
- Solar PV System Design
- Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
- Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Wastewater Purification and Treatment Course
- Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineers
- Fundamental Hydraulic Theory and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation and Valuation of Mineral Projects
- High Voltage Safety Training