Management Skills For Administrative Professionals
The support you provide as an administrative professional is vital to your organization’s ability to achieve its goals and objectives. Today, most senior managers expect you to have leadership and management skills in order to set your own administrative priorities. In addition, you must have skills to manage all contacts, create, store and retrieve documents, plus a broad variety of other administrative skills. To do all of this successfully, you need to have strategic insight and be able to be agile in your work. At the same time, you must be tactical, process-oriented, and driven toward continuous improvement.
This course is non-accredited.
After participating in this programme, you will grow your administrative assistant skills and be able to:
- Manage changing roles and responsibilities whether working with bosses, peers, team members or customers
- Meet dynamic work expectations by expanding your proactive capabilities
- Clearly and confidently communicate and negotiate to manage conflicts and achieve results
- Apply emotional intelligence and effective listening practices to your job
- Use strategic diplomacy to handle office politics, difficult people and demanding situations
- Network and learn from a diverse group of peers from different functions, industries and countries
- Develop a personal action plan to implement back at work
- Learn and practice using real-world examples over 3 interactive days
This workshop runs for 3 days
Training times can be arranged accordingly in order to cater for the client’s needs.
If you are an experienced administrative professional who needs to expand your management skills so you can better support your organization and enhance your contribution to your company and your career, this programme is for you.
- Experienced administrative professionals
- Executive secretaries
- Administrative assistants
- Secretaries or other members of the administrative support staff
- Applying skills and strategies to manage personal and professional change dynamics
- Bringing about change even when faced with resistance
- Applying a systematic approach to plan and engage others in the change process
- Managing roles, responsibilities, and authority to meet goals
- Identifying and supporting differing work style preferences using new skills and best practices
- Recognizing and proactively using critical thinking to support achievement of team-based goals
- Applying a spectrum of priority setting and time management strategies to proactively accomplish skills
- Incorporating emotional intelligence and effective listening to prepare to be an effective colleague, partner and leader
- Applying assertive communication using verbal and nonverbal behaviours
- Exhibiting confidence and influence using tested presentation models
- Analysing conflict, office politics, and interactions with difficult people
- Defining the sources of conflict in the workplace
- Negotiating to empower yourself and others to achieve goals
Available on request.
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Advanced Circuit Breaker Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Lean Leadership
- Lean Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
- Mineral Process Plant Optimisation Technology and Continuous Improvement
- Mineral Resource Estimation and Process Control of Mineral Processing Systems
- Solar PV System Design
- Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
- Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Wastewater Purification and Treatment Course
- Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineers
- Fundamental Hydraulic Theory and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation and Valuation of Mineral Projects
- High Voltage Safety Training