Management Skills For New Managers Workshop
Essentials of Management: Management Skills for New
Managers is a 2-day hands-on training programme, highly
interactive with exercises and role plays. The programme is
facilitated by an experienced businessperson.
Managing a team can be difficult. But there
are key skills all managers need to learn,
practice and use:
• Delegation: How and what can I delegate? Who can and
should I delegate to?
• Coaching: When, how and why should I coach my team
• Communication: What is the best way to communicate with my team and my boss?
• Motivation: How can I motivate my team in person and remotely?
• Performance Management: How can I manage the
performance of my team?
After taking this programme, you will:
• Identify the key skills and abilities you need to be an
• Understand the different roles and situations you face
• Use goal setting and feedback to manage your team’s
• Run better performance management conversations
• Communicate professionally with your team and boss
• Coach your team to perform better and develop new skills
• Understand and use the 10 core factors that can affect
your team’s motivation
• Learn how to delegate more effectively
During the programme you will:
• Network and learn from a diverse group of peers with
similar challenges like you from different functions,
industries and countries
• Develop a personal action plan to implement back at work
• Learn and practice using real-world examples and role
plays over 2 interactive days
Module 1: Defining Your Role as a Manager
• Discovering the qualities and abilities required for
• Identifying the roles and responsibilities managers
• Exploring the contextual issues and challenges that
new managers face today
Module 2: Continuous Performance Management
• Defining the goal of performance management
• Identifying the process and challenges
• Practicing the skills of performance management
Module 3: Communication: Conducting Effective Work
• Describe the importance of communication to effective
• Recognizing the qualities of effective communication.
• Understanding the process of communication and the
barriers that can derail it.
• Recognizing different types of work conversations.
• Identifying the two key conversation skills.
• Understanding and utilizing the conversational triangle
Module 4: Coaching for Performance
• Identifying the importance of and requirements for
• Learning the micro-skills of effective coaching
• Confronting problem behaviours in a tactful manner
• Differentiating between coaching and disciplining
Module 5: Building a Motivational Climate
• Recognizing the manager’s role in employee motivation
• Exploring important elements of the motivational process
• Utilizing managerial practices for building a motivational
Module 6: Delegating for Growth and Development
• Describing the types of delegation that managers can
• Identify the importance of, and the barriers to, effective
• Assessing your current delegation practices and their challenges
• Recognizing what can and can’t be delegated
• Identifying the phases of effective delegation
• Practicing delegation discussion
2 Day Training
Group discounts available on request.
Live and In-class
- Asset Management Masterclass
- Environmental & Social Management Systems
- Fraud Prevention & Anti Corruption Masterclass
- Risk Appetite & Strategy Masterclass
- Governance, Risk and Compliance Masterclass
- Risk based combined assurance
- Leadership and structures of corporate governance
- Corporate Governance – Role of the board
- Corporate governance Fundamental
- Principles and practices of corporate responsibility
- Engaging stakeholders to build a sustainable plan
- Advanced enterprise risk management masterclass
- Conducting effective lifestyles audits course
- King IV governance compliance and assurance workshop
- Budgeting Skills for managers.
- Financial Analysis, Planning & Control.
- Government Accounting.
- Government Budgeting Including SCOA.
- Accounting for VAT
- Understanding and analyzing financial statements workshop
- Strategic planning, budgeting and rolling forecast workshop
- Strategic forecasting & projections of financial statements masterclass
- Preparing financial statements and annual reports masterclass
- Project finance and modelling
- Pension fund governance, regulations and best practices.
- Mining TAX and strategy masterclass
- International financial reporting standards (IFRS) &updates
- IFRS 9 International finance reporting standards 9 and expected credit loss
- Business intelligence & analytics for finance professionals
- Advanced Recruitment Analysis & Assessment Workshop.
- Disciplinary Code & Procedure Training.
- Employment Equity Legislation Masterclass.
- HR Processes, Culture & Change Management Training.
- Performance management systems training
- Principles and practices of corporate responsibility
- Union responsibilities in the workplace
- Workplace skills plans & annual training reports
- Mining social & labor planning
- Payrol preparation, analysis and management
- New CCMA rules & latest case law
- Human resources & development personnel management
- Developing & Implementing Electronic Documents & Records Management Systems.
- Pragmatic Approach to Managing Records.
- Basic registry, records & archives management
- Pragmatic approach to managing records
- Records management, library management and inventory
- Principles of records management basic – Level 1
- Records management Intermediate – Level 2
- Advanced records management – Level 3
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Advanced Circuit Breaker Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Lean Leadership
- Lean Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
- Mineral Process Plant Optimisation Technology and Continuous Improvement
- Mineral Resource Estimation and Process Control of Mineral Processing Systems
- Solar PV System Design
- Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
- Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Wastewater Purification and Treatment Course
- Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineers
- Fundamental Hydraulic Theory and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation and Valuation of Mineral Projects
- High Voltage Safety Training