Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
This course is designed to meet the needs of individuals of all disciplines and will also benefit those with a mechanical background seeking to refresh their knowledge.
This course is non-accredited
This course provides non-mechanical engineers and other professionals with an introduction to the core subject areas of mechanical engineering. Engineers, technicians, maintainers, and operators who may not have a mechanical background are often given the responsibility for the procurement, installation, operation, and maintenance of mechanical equipment. To be effective, such personnel should have a fundamental understanding of the principles that dictate the design, operation, and maintenance of this mechanical equipment. The course will emphasize practicality and cost effectiveness.
After attending the seminar, attendees will be able to:
- Apply practical knowledge regarding the operation and maintenance of mechanical equipment
- Add to your ability to achieve a cost-effective approach to the use of mechanical equipment
- Implement a process to improve equipment reliability
- Select the most appropriate equipment that meets the specific needs of your industrial processes
- Have better appreciation of the how forces, on beams in static equilibrium, are analysed, in determinate support scenarios.
- Calculate forces in members of simple truss systems, using the method of sections and be able to analyse motion of objects in the kinematic and kinetic realms.
This workshop runs for 2 days
Training times can be arranged accordingly in order to cater for the client’s needs.
Available on request.
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Advanced Circuit Breaker Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Lean Leadership
- Lean Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
- Mineral Process Plant Optimisation Technology and Continuous Improvement
- Mineral Resource Estimation and Process Control of Mineral Processing Systems
- Solar PV System Design
- Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
- Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Wastewater Purification and Treatment Course
- Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineers
- Fundamental Hydraulic Theory and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation and Valuation of Mineral Projects
- High Voltage Safety Training