Mine Closure Regulations
When preparing for mine closure two interlinked components play a role:
- financial provision
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Requirements for Financial Provision Financial Provision Regulations – Effective 19 June 2021 – postponed to 19 June 2022(?)
- Regulations pertaining to Financial Provision for Prospecting, Exploration, Mining or Production Operations were published in GN 1147 on 20 November 2015.
- According to the transitional arrangements, in Regulation 17, Right Holders that applied for the right prior to 20th November 2015 have until 19 June 2021 to comply with the 2015 Financial Provision Regulations.
- According to GN 371, comments are invited for the extension of the regulations to 19 June 2022. The applicant or holder of a right or permit must ensure that the financial provision is, at any given time, equal to the sum of the actual costs of implementing the plans and report for a period of at least 10 years forthwith.
- Requirements for Environmental Impact Assessment
The Minister of Environment, or an MEC with the concurrence of the Minister, may identify-
- activities which may not commence without environmental authorisation from the competent authority; (Listed activities)
- This course is non-accredited
The solution: This one-day workshop has been developed to assist you with the preparation for the implementation of the financial provisions. This course will help you to comply with the relevant requirements and reduce the cost of implementation.
- Understand the cost implications of the changes in financial provisions to your site
- Develop a strategy that will effectively reduce the cost of implementation on your site
- Understand the relationship between NEMA and the MPRDA and how to make the most of it.
- Understand when something can be considered an offence in terms of key pieces of environmental legislation
- Learn more about possible penalties / fines that may be imposed by key changes and updated pieces of environmental legislation
- Develop a strategy for your mine that will enable a sustainable future.
- Remediation Officers
- Remediation specialists
- Rehabilitation Officer
- Rehabilitation specialist
- Operational Mine Accountants
- Head Office Closure Specialists
- Quantity Surveyors
- Mine Surveyor
- Financial institutions
- Guarantee Providers
- Environmental Managers
- Compliance Managers
- Environmental Impact Managers
- Environmental Impact Management: Senior Specialist
- Environmental Scientist
- Senior Managers: Waste Management
- Environmental Officers
- Environmental Control Officers
- Operational Risk Managers
To be updated soon
This programme runs for 1 day
Training times can be arranged accordingly in order to cater for the client’s needs.
Available on request.
- To be updated soon
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Advanced Circuit Breaker Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Lean Leadership
- Lean Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
- Mineral Process Plant Optimisation Technology and Continuous Improvement
- Mineral Resource Estimation and Process Control of Mineral Processing Systems
- Solar PV System Design
- Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
- Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Wastewater Purification and Treatment Course
- Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineers
- Fundamental Hydraulic Theory and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation and Valuation of Mineral Projects
- High Voltage Safety Training