Mining Social & Labour
A social and labour plan is a document that mining companies are required to submit to the Department of Mineral Resources as part of their applications for mining rights. It is basically a collection of promises the mine makes which become legal commitments once the application is approved by the DMR. The SLP sets out both what the company will do for communities and workers and how and when the company will do this.
- How to ensure that your SLP is contextually appropriate, realistic, logical, implementable, and measurable.
- Successful approaches used for compiling SLP’s and obtaining approvals from the DMR.
- Clarifying corresponding legislation and combining the various objectives into workable targets and plans.
- Understanding the Stakeholder Engagement Process and developing sustainable
- Local Economic Development projects based on effective community involvement.
- Managing and resourcing your Social and Labour Plan to ensure accountability throughout its life.
- An objective of the MPRDA is that the SLP must be an instrument to drive and support transformation and sustainable development. The SLP must address transformational structures, including Local Economic Development strategies, Skills Development initiatives and Employment Equity issues to facilitate socio-economic and workplace change and support sustainable development.
- Session 1- Understanding the SLP and its role in Transformation
- Session 2- Prescribed Contents of the Social and Labour Plan
- Session 3- Prescribed Contents of the Social & Labour Plan – HRD Programmes
- Session 4 – Prescribed Contents of the Social & Labour Plan – LEDSession 5- Continuous Monitoring and Reporting for Elective Management
- Session 6- Managing the SLP Audit Process
This programme runs for 3 days
R 11 999.00
*Group Discounts Available on Request.
Our Mining Social & Labour Planning Workshop is available in a variety of formats to best match your needs
In-House training: We bring the training to your location. Available with customized features created to meet your requirements.
Virtual Training: Delivered totally online, our virtual sessions are designed to keep participants engaged through relevant training, activities for practice, and ongoing reinforcement.
SLP Managers / Co-Ordinator’s, HR Managers, LED / CSI Managers, Procurement Managers and Mine Management personnel who:
- Are responsible for the implementation and management of various elements of the SLP or Mining Charter
- Re und r pressure to report internally or to DMR on their mining right and/or SLP compliance and progress.
- Require clarification on what should be reported on, in what format and how it will be evaluated.
- Are pressurized to manage their mining right commitments and SLP implementation and/or reporting processes.
- Are unclear what executive management role is in the process, as well as mine-level contributors.
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Advanced Circuit Breaker Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Lean Leadership
- Lean Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
- Mineral Process Plant Optimisation Technology and Continuous Improvement
- Mineral Resource Estimation and Process Control of Mineral Processing Systems
- Solar PV System Design
- Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
- Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Wastewater Purification and Treatment Course
- Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineers
- Fundamental Hydraulic Theory and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation and Valuation of Mineral Projects
- High Voltage Safety Training