Mining Tax & Strategy
Daily decisions taken on mines and in meeting rooms influence profit. More importantly understanding the tax obligations that arise from this profit is critical to business survival. Mining companies want to maximise financial performance in the most efficient way available to them. A strategy for profits and taxes must therefore be well understood by management, as the effective tax rate can be an important drag on a company’s growth ambitions. As strategies vary, so the results vary.
This course is accredited, and material covers unit standards: 110023, NQF Level 4, 6 Credits
This wide-ranging instructor-led course uses a combination of directed presentations, group discussions around real world tax strategies, explanations of variations between different mining types, examination of business strategy, and explores the background and conclusions around important tax disputes that came before the courts. This is done for a range of tax areas so that participants can identify exactly where their company’s mining tax strategy is effective in supporting growth and where more work is required
To be updated soon
To be updated soon
Training times can be arranged accordingly in order to cater for the client’s needs.
Available on request.
- Financial directors
- Financial managers
- Directors and managers in the mines,
- Legal managers of mines
- Anyone dealing with mining tax
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.