New Frontiers in Construction
The aim of the course is to consolidate various new learning areas in construction industry in order to construct a complete and functional building and expose the students to innovations in construction as well as infrastructure facilities. The course provides an introduction to the social, economic and management issues surrounding infrastructure; construction science/technology of infrastructure development and the environmental issues. It also looks at the recent Information Technology (IT) developments enhancing construction technology use in infrastructure projects.
This course is an accredited
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Possess thorough knowledge of construction of industrialized buildings, materials in Construction buildings, and in
- addition including Off-Site Manufacturing (OSM)
- Understand the construction technology of infrastructure
- Understand buildings and projects as systems and their relationship with their environments
- Recognize, distinguish and apply technologies for different types of infrastructure, social, economic, management, and
- Environmental issues surrounding infrastructure development
- Understand Alternative Building Technologies (ABTs) to be used in construction infrastructure
- Understand the IT’s role in enhancing technology use in construction infrastructure
This masterclass runs for 3 days
Training times can be arranged accordingly in order to cater for the client’s needs.
Available on request.
The courses will benefit project managers, construction managers, quantity surveyors, engineers, housing officials, facilities managers, researchers and academics, environmentalists, public and private sector clients, and other stakeholders in the built environment.
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Advanced Circuit Breaker Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Lean Leadership
- Lean Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
- Mineral Process Plant Optimisation Technology and Continuous Improvement
- Mineral Resource Estimation and Process Control of Mineral Processing Systems
- Solar PV System Design
- Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
- Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Wastewater Purification and Treatment Course
- Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineers
- Fundamental Hydraulic Theory and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation and Valuation of Mineral Projects
- High Voltage Safety Training