New Frontiers in Construction
The aim of the course is to consolidate various new learning areas in construction industry in order to construct a complete and functional building and expose the students to innovations in construction as well as infrastructure facilities. The course provides an introduction to the social, economic and management issues surrounding infrastructure; construction science/technology of infrastructure development and the environmental issues. It also looks at the recent Information Technology (IT) developments enhancing construction technology use in infrastructure projects.
This course is an accredited
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Possess thorough knowledge of construction of industrialized buildings, materials in Construction buildings, and in
- addition including Off-Site Manufacturing (OSM)
- Understand the construction technology of infrastructure
- Understand buildings and projects as systems and their relationship with their environments
- Recognize, distinguish and apply technologies for different types of infrastructure, social, economic, management, and
- Environmental issues surrounding infrastructure development
- Understand Alternative Building Technologies (ABTs) to be used in construction infrastructure
- Understand the IT’s role in enhancing technology use in construction infrastructure
• Implementation of Innovative Construction Technologies in Human Settlements.
• Labor Intensive Construction (LIC). Buildings as Systems, Projects as Systems
• Systems, subsystems, and components; open and closed systems, positive and negative feedback, tight and loose coupling, functions of subsystems, the building as a system, the project as a system Introduction to construction Technology developments
• IT in construction (Technological and contractual aspects);
• Alternative Building Technology (ABT) Cases.
• Implications of OSM on construction/implementation processes.
This masterclass runs for 3 days
Price per delegate: R 8 999.00
Our New Frontiers in Construction workshop is available in a variety of formats to best match your needs
In-House training: We bring the training to your location. Available with customized features created to meet your requirements.
Virtual Training: Delivered totally online, our virtual sessions are designed to keep participants engaged through relevant training, activities for practice, and ongoing reinforcement.
The courses will benefit project managers, construction managers, quantity surveyors, engineers, housing officials, facilities managers, researchers and academics, environmentalists, public and private sector clients, and other stakeholders in the built environment.
- Asset Management Masterclass
- Environmental & Social Management Systems
- Fraud Prevention & Anti Corruption Masterclass
- Risk Appetite & Strategy Masterclass
- Governance, Risk and Compliance Masterclass
- Risk based combined assurance
- Leadership and structures of corporate governance
- Corporate Governance – Role of the board
- Corporate governance Fundamental
- Principles and practices of corporate responsibility
- Engaging stakeholders to build a sustainable plan
- Advanced enterprise risk management masterclass
- Conducting effective lifestyles audits course
- King IV governance compliance and assurance workshop
- Budgeting Skills for managers.
- Financial Analysis, Planning & Control.
- Government Accounting.
- Government Budgeting Including SCOA.
- Accounting for VAT
- Understanding and analyzing financial statements workshop
- Strategic planning, budgeting and rolling forecast workshop
- Strategic forecasting & projections of financial statements masterclass
- Preparing financial statements and annual reports masterclass
- Project finance and modelling
- Pension fund governance, regulations and best practices.
- Mining TAX and strategy masterclass
- International financial reporting standards (IFRS) &updates
- IFRS 9 International finance reporting standards 9 and expected credit loss
- Business intelligence & analytics for finance professionals
- Advanced Recruitment Analysis & Assessment Workshop.
- Disciplinary Code & Procedure Training.
- Employment Equity Legislation Masterclass.
- HR Processes, Culture & Change Management Training.
- Performance management systems training
- Principles and practices of corporate responsibility
- Union responsibilities in the workplace
- Workplace skills plans & annual training reports
- Mining social & labor planning
- Payrol preparation, analysis and management
- New CCMA rules & latest case law
- Human resources & development personnel management
- Developing & Implementing Electronic Documents & Records Management Systems.
- Pragmatic Approach to Managing Records.
- Basic registry, records & archives management
- Pragmatic approach to managing records
- Records management, library management and inventory
- Principles of records management basic – Level 1
- Records management Intermediate – Level 2
- Advanced records management – Level 3
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Advanced Circuit Breaker Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Lean Leadership
- Lean Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
- Mineral Process Plant Optimisation Technology and Continuous Improvement
- Mineral Resource Estimation and Process Control of Mineral Processing Systems
- Solar PV System Design
- Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
- Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Wastewater Purification and Treatment Course
- Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineers
- Fundamental Hydraulic Theory and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation and Valuation of Mineral Projects
- High Voltage Safety Training