Unit Standard: 99714, NQF Level 5 with 256 Credits
Dates: Available on Request
Locations: Johannesburg, South Africa
Platform: Available In-Class
The purpose of this qualification is to prepare a learner to operate as an Occupational Health and Safety Practitioner. An Occupational Health and Safety Practitioners serve as a facilitator and advisor to employees and management regarding safety and health aspects in the workplace including the monitoring and inspecting of the workplace and the recording and investigation of incidents and accidents. They also implement and maintain Occupational Health and Safety systems to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
Relevant work experience or an appropriate NQF level 4 qualification with Mathematical Literacy.
* The technical work content is not covered in this qualification. Learners need to acquire the required technical skills, knowledge, and experience through gaining work experience or qualifications in related technical occupations. Each industry will prescribe the technical requirements relevant to that industry.
Learners will receive the following Certificates and benefits upon completion of this course:
First Aid Level 1
First Aid Level 2
First Aid Level 3
Basic Fire-Fighting Techniques
Occupational Health, Safety and Quality Representative
Occupational Health, Safety and Quality Assistant
Occupational Health, Safety and Quality Practitioner
The learner will also be recognized by the SACPCMP Board
Inspect workplaces and environments to identify the occupational health and safety hazards and determine the risks associated with the work.
Facilitate and support actions to eliminate or control hazards in order to minimise risks in a designated work area.
Represent the needs of employees with regard to Occupational Health and Safety matters.
Participate in the planning and implementation of operational Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems.
Monitor and continually improve the effectiveness of operational Occupational Health and Safety systems.
All organisations in South Africa require the services of at least one Occupational Health and Safety Practitioner. Line managers/Foremen are trained in these processes and specialized employees has been established to develop, implement, and monitor the effective use of these global best practices.
Our diverse instructional approaches ensure effective learning:
– Lectures & Presentations: Engage with expert-driven, stimulating content.
– Course Material: Access well-crafted supporting resources.
– Group Work: Collaborate on discussions and case studies for practical insights.
– Workshops & Role-Play: Participate in immersive, scenario-based activities.
– Practical Application: Focus on applying theoretical knowledge in real situations.
– Post-Training Support: Receive extensive support after training for skill implementation.
Practical Skills Modules
Workplace skills Modules