Payroll Preparation, Analysis &
This course starts with introductions about the departments of HR and ‘accounting and finance’ then focuses on the payroll function. The course goes through the process of preparing and calculating payroll and includes the controls needed and the pre-checks necessary to make sure correct data is used. The course enforces the knowledge of controls and proper processes in the workflow to achieve better efficiency in the department. Employee benefits and their effect on the corporation are discussed and we explain how to conduct analysis on payroll and benefits using Excel. In addition, the course highlights the topics of accounting, internal and external audit relations with HR and payroll and the data that could be required by them. The course then stresses the need for confidentiality in the payroll department and the importance of sharing data with others on a need to know basis or as per corporate policies. The course ends with ways to prepare budgets for the department and payroll and benefits costs of the corporation.
The participants will have the opportunity to achieve the following:
- Explain how the HR and accounting and finance functions contribute to their success.
- Prepare the monthly payroll and review it for accuracy.
- Calculate employee benefits, loan vacations, and End of Service Benefits .
- Reconcile payroll with accounting and audit the supporting documents for payments.
- Develop monthly and annual payroll budgets.
- Design periodic payroll management reports and analysis.
Module 1: Important Link Between Human Resources and Accounting
Module 2: Preparing and Calculating Payroll
Module 3: Employee Loans and Benefits
Module 4: Accounting and Auditors Roles In Payroll Process
Module 5: Payroll Budgeting
Module 6: Reporting Payroll and Contributions
This training will run for 5 days
R 18 999.00
*Group Discounts Available on Request.
Our Payroll Preparation, Analysis and Management Workshop is available in a variety of formats to best match your needs
In-House training: We bring the training to your location. Available with customized features created to meet your requirements.
Virtual Training: Delivered totally online, our virtual sessions are designed to keep participants engaged through relevant training, activities for practice, and ongoing reinforcement.
- Payroll staff
- Payroll accountants
- Account assistants
- Payroll supervisors and managers
- HR professionals and team members who handle payroll as well as employees interested in understanding and applying payroll best practices.
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Advanced Circuit Breaker Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Lean Leadership
- Lean Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
- Mineral Process Plant Optimisation Technology and Continuous Improvement
- Mineral Resource Estimation and Process Control of Mineral Processing Systems
- Solar PV System Design
- Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
- Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Wastewater Purification and Treatment Course
- Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineers
- Fundamental Hydraulic Theory and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation and Valuation of Mineral Projects
- High Voltage Safety Training