Use a Graphical User Interface (GUI)-based database application to work with simple databases, 116936, NQF Level 03, 3 Credits
PURPOSE OF THE UNIT STANDARD
This unit standard is intended for people who need to create and edit simple databases using a Graphical User Interface (GUI)-based database application either as a user of computers or as basic knowledge for a career needing this competency, like the ICT industry.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the principles of databases.
- Open and save a simple existing database.
- Produce and edit a simple database from given specifications.
- Data is entered into a simple database table from given specifications.
- Modify the design of a database table.
- Sort and search for records in a database table.
Module 1: Understand the principles of databases
- A database management system is defined in terms of its purpose and use.
- Examples of uses of databases are provided.
- Properties of databases are described in terms of their purpose and relation to the database as a whole
Module 2: Open and save a simple existing database
- The database application is opened or started
- The parts of the database application window are described in terms of their features and use
- An existing database is opened
- Data is entered into an existing database table
- Saving a database giving it a descriptive name related to its purpose and use
- The database is closed
- The database application program is closed
Module 3: Produce and edit a simple database table from given specifications
- A database table is created with the required format bases on a given specification
- The database table is saved with a descriptive name, as per the given specification
- A column is moved within the database table
- Column widths of columns in the database table are changed
- A database table is deleted
- The database table is saved and closed
Module 4: Data is entered into a simple database table from given specifications
- A new record is added to the database table
- Data in the database table is modified
- Data in the database table is deleted
- A record is deleted from the database table
Module 5: Modify the design of a database table
- An existing database table is opened in design view
- The consequences of changing a field size are discussed
- Field formats are modified
- A field is moved in the database table
- A new field is added to the database table
- A field is deleted from the database table
- The consequences of the changes made are explained and corrected if necessary
Module 6: Sort and search for records in a database table
- A record in a database table is sorted according to one field
- A record is in a database table, by searching for specific data within the table
This masterclass runs for 2 days
R 7 999.00
Group discounts available on request.
Our A Complete Introduction to Power BI Desktop is available in a variety of formats to best match your needs
In-House training: We bring the training to your location. Available with customized features created to meet your requirements.
Virtual Training: Delivered totally online, our virtual sessions are designed to keep participants engaged through relevant training, activities for practice, and ongoing reinforcement.
- Anyone looking to pursue a career in data analysis or business intelligence
- Data analysts and Excel users hoping to develop advanced data modelling, dashboard design and business intelligence skills
- People who want to understand how to create customized visuals
- All Excel users who work with data, reports, and dashboards
- Management Accountants who are required to report on transactional data sets
- Marketing and Operational Analysts
- Entrepreneurs / CEO /Accountants looking to master the Data Analysis process
- Anyone wanting to transition into Business Analytics.
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Advanced Circuit Breaker Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Lean Leadership
- Lean Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
- Mineral Process Plant Optimisation Technology and Continuous Improvement
- Mineral Resource Estimation and Process Control of Mineral Processing Systems
- Solar PV System Design
- Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
- Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Wastewater Purification and Treatment Course
- Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineers
- Fundamental Hydraulic Theory and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation and Valuation of Mineral Projects
- High Voltage Safety Training