Project Finance Modelling will teach you how to build a financial model to evaluate equity returns and secure non-recourse debt (known as project finance). On completing the course, you will have built a fully functional financial model covering the period from the beginning of construction through to the end of the project’s operating period.
Modern project ﬁnance transactions requires a high level of expertise in building ﬁnancial models which are reliable and ﬂexible to accommodate the changing requirements occurring during the life of a project, and with Prospen Africa we do believe in continuous learning, as the times evolves so are we.
This is a non-Accredited course.
This 4-day course covers both project ﬁnance and ﬁnancial modelling best practices. The ﬁrst 2 days of the course provide project ﬁnancing skills you can immediately use upon return to your workplace, while the last days are dedicated for modelling project ﬁnance. You will learn demonstrated analytical strategies to assess the degree of risk and beneﬁts of speciﬁc project ﬁnancing, along with the elements of the day-to-day business and operational aspects. This course is also designed to enhance the checklists and benchmark metrics by which you can reduce losses, and which will be viewed favorably by both management and the regulatory community.
We therefore encourage ‘would be participants’ to attend in-order to be fully equipped with the project ﬁnance and modelling skills.
- Full knowledge of what constitutes Project Finance and Project Modelling
- Set-up project structure and its operations
- Develop skills to manage Projects
- Practically expose the participants to Project Finance Modelling.
- Make decisions in line with the results of the Project Finance model
Module 1: Overview of Project Finance in Africa
- What is Project Finance?
- How does Project Finance create value?
- Project evaluation
- Stages in the deal
- Industry players in Project Finance
- Role of government in Project Finance
Module 2: Funding, Project Finance Documentation & Risk Analysis
- Sources of funding
- Bank lending
- Project Finance Documentation
- Due diligence assessment and Risk
- Analysing Risks
Module 3: Introduction to Modelling
- Introduction to the Case Study
- How to build a financial model
- Modelling standards
- Excel shortcut tricks
- Recap on common modelling functions
Module 4: Project Finance Theory
- Increasing modelling productivity
- Timeline development
- Construction costs
- Construction funding
- Financing fees
Module 5: Modelling financial statements
- Revenue and operating costs
- Working capital
- Debt financing
Module 6: Project Financing Modelling Ratios
- Cover ratios
- Debt sculpting
- Debt service reserve account
- Maintenance reserve account
- Shareholder loans
- Macros to break circularities
- Scenario Analysis
Module 7: Advanced Project Finance Topics
- Equity First Funding Method
- Debt Sizing Macros
- DSRA Macros
- Scenario Analysis automation
This masterclass runs for 2 days
Training times can be arranged accordingly in order to cater for the client’s needs.
Available on request.
Accountants | Auditors | Creditors Managers | Accounts Receivable Depts. | Accounts Payable Depts. | Finance Managers | Operation Managers | Project Managers | HR Managers | Business Executives | Consultants | Head of Departments | Finance people and anyone who uses Excel to analyses and manipulate data and extensively for business reporting
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Advanced Circuit Breaker Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Lean Leadership
- Lean Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
- Mineral Process Plant Optimisation Technology and Continuous Improvement
- Mineral Resource Estimation and Process Control of Mineral Processing Systems
- Solar PV System Design
- Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
- Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Wastewater Purification and Treatment Course
- Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineers
- Fundamental Hydraulic Theory and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation and Valuation of Mineral Projects
- High Voltage Safety Training