Public Speaking & Business
Today, presentations and public speeches are very much a part of every executive’s responsibility. What distinguishes the successful professional from everyone is the ability to speak confidently to influence and inspire any audience. When you speak, it is important that your message is delivered in an interesting and easily understood manner. This course will help you become more confident when speaking in front of audiences. It will enable you to practise newly acquired techniques in a supportive environment and receive professional coaching and constructive feedback.
During the workshop, you will learn and practise:-
- Project Lasting First Impressions and Confidence when Speaking in Public
- Transform the Fear of Speaking into Energetic Interaction with the Audience
- Utilise Verbal, Vocal and Visual Elements to Create Impact
- Learn Effective Speech Scripting Techniques
- Identify Behaviours that Enable you to Influence Others Effectively
- Learn Effective Impromptu Speaking Techniques
- Identify and Effectively Manage Challenging Situations
Managing the Fear of Speaking
- Formula for Audience Satisfaction
- Understanding the Fears of Speaking
- Strategies to Manage Fear
- Steps to Building Self-Confidence When Speaking in Public
Creating First Impressions
- Vital Communication Skills
- Ways to Present a Positive Image
- Posture, Poise and Presence
- Presenting to Different Personalities and Learning Styles
Fundamentals of Presentation
- The Most Compelling Subjects
- Non-verbal Techniques to Enhance Impact
- Power of Gestures and Body Language
- Impact of Voice and Vocal Variety
Organisation and Delivery Skills
- Organising Material for Maximum Impact
- Effective Scripting Techniques
- Achieving Attention, Retention and Actions
- Closing Techniques for Any Presentation
Professional Speaking Skills
- Impromptu Speaking: Listening, Thinking & Speaking
- Managing Question & Answer Sessions – Responding to Hostile or Difficult Situations
- Using Visual Aids to Create Impact
- Presenting with Humour
- Persuasive Speaking Techniques
- Strategies to Inspire your Audience
Understanding what makes people assertive and their benefits
- Types of behaviours
- Benefits, advantages and disadvantages of each type of behaviour
- Internal beliefs and their impact
- Rights and responsibilities
- Expressing your desired outcome
- Rotating flipchart group work, facilitated group review, individual questionnaire, pairs exercise and group discussion
Using assertive communication
- Words and phrases to avoid
- Positive phrasing
- Importance and impact of positive body language and voice tone
- Pairs exercise, facilitation, demonstration and presentation
- Updating the Assertiveness Skills Toolkit
- Practice writing assertive response on personal scenario
- Pairs exercise and practice, facilitated group review
More techniques for developing assertiveness
- Fogging and broken record technique
- Ways of saying ‘no’
- Giving feedback
- Presentation, meta-planning and small group exercise, facilitated group review
Responding to other behavioural styles
- Appreciating the impact of the different styles of behavioural on each other
- Strategies for responding to different behaviour styles
- Resolving conflict in a constructive way
- Facilitator presentation, small group exercise, facilitated group review
Action planning and reflection
– Individual reflection and action planning exercise, facilitated group review
– Course feedback
This training Programme runs for 2 days
Available on request.
Our Public Speaking and Business Presentation Skills is available in a variety of formats to best match your needs
In-House training: We bring the training to your location. Available with customized features created to meet your requirements.
Virtual Training: Delivered totally online, our virtual sessions are designed to keep participants engaged through relevant training, activities for practice, and ongoing reinforcement.
- Suitable for anyone who already has experience of delivering presentations and/or public speaking and who wishes to improve their skills and confidence.
- All Professionals, Engineers, Consultants, Sales & Marketing professionals, Heads of Departments.
- Entrepreneurs, HR Personnel, Sales & Business Development managers, Customer Service and Support Personnel.
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Advanced Circuit Breaker Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Lean Leadership
- Lean Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
- Mineral Process Plant Optimisation Technology and Continuous Improvement
- Mineral Resource Estimation and Process Control of Mineral Processing Systems
- Solar PV System Design
- Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
- Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Wastewater Purification and Treatment Course
- Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineers
- Fundamental Hydraulic Theory and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation and Valuation of Mineral Projects
- High Voltage Safety Training