Records Management for the
Private & Public Sector
This programme is based largely on the international standards and methodologies for implementing Records Management. This programme is ideal for Records people in the Private and Public sector who need a comprehensive approach and guidance to planning, setting up and managing records within the organisation. Delegates will receive a number of templates and frameworks to kick start their records management improvement. This programme is a must for any staff member who has been appointed in the records management, or who has been allocated those responsibilities.
This course is non-accredited.
- Understand the legal environment that surrounds records management and their responsibilities in terms of the law
- Make informed decisions relating to electronic records, and advise their organisations accordingly
- Conduct a records audit as a basis for developing a records management strategy
- Create and implement a records management roadmap and programme
- Use the DIRKS records management methodology in accordance with ISO 15489
- Understand the various standards applicable to records management
- Manage records on all formats
- Conduct an analysis of processes which impact on records management
- Develop a Business Classification Scheme or File Plan
- Implement a retention schedule
- Implement a systematic disposal programme to destroy or transfer records which no longer have value
- Understand the risks associated with various types of records media and protect against these risks.
- Understand Vital records, and implement a vital records plan
- Develop a change and communications plan.
- Implement an on-going audit and assessment programme.
This masterclass runs for 3 days
Training times can be arranged accordingly in order to cater for the client’s needs.
Available on request.
This course is suitable for:
- Records Managers
- Records Officers/ Clerk
- Senior Registry Officials
- Departmental managers responsible for Records Management
- Departmental/unit records coordinators
- Anyone who deals with movement of files and all general records duties
- IT staff responsible for records management
With the assistance of your expert facilitator, you will be equipped with a practical step-by-step approach to successfully implement your new electronic documents and records management system. This training
programme will, through case-studies, practical exercises and group discussions, empower you to apply EDRMS principals to ensure data integrity, quality and security.
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Advanced Circuit Breaker Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Lean Leadership
- Lean Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
- Mineral Process Plant Optimisation Technology and Continuous Improvement
- Mineral Resource Estimation and Process Control of Mineral Processing Systems
- Solar PV System Design
- Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
- Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Wastewater Purification and Treatment Course
- Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineers
- Fundamental Hydraulic Theory and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation and Valuation of Mineral Projects
- High Voltage Safety Training