Report Writing Skills
The Report Writing Skills training is meticulously designed to serve a dual purpose: to elevate the quality of your reports and to diminish the time dedicated to creating them. This synergy is achieved by emphasizing structured, clear writing and evading prevalent blunders. The course also encompasses essential time-management techniques and nuances of language to enhance both productivity and precision in report drafting.
The Report Writing Skills course is accredited. The curriculum is mapped to unit standards:
- 110023: Present information in report format (NQF Level 4, Credits 6)
- 119465: Write/present/sign texts for diverse communicative contexts (NQF Level 3, Credits 5)
During the workshop, participants will:
- Understand the significance of customizing reports to suit the audience and objectives.
- Grasp the planning and structuring of reports to ensure effective communication.
- Simplify complex information to enhance clarity for varied readers.
- Recognize critical English grammar nuances for report writing and learn to prevent common errors.
- Optimize the use of visuals in reports.
- Accelerate the report drafting process.
Module 1: Foundations of Effective Reporting
- Qualities of stellar and subpar reports.
- Challenges faced during report writing.
- Analysing excellent report examples and understanding their strengths.
- Defining the purpose and target audience for your reports.
Module 2: Precision in Language Selection and Usage
- Common English writing pitfalls – strategies to circumvent and rectify them.
- Singulars vs. plurals and mastering subject-verb agreement.
- Appropriate tense application.
- Deciphering active and passive verbs and their contextual use.
- Navigating conditional sentences (‘if…’ constructs).
Module 3: Perfecting Style, Structure, and Tone
- Crafting objectives tailored to the target audience.
- Blueprint of an effective report: Component breakdown, sequencing, and content mapping.
- Articulating pivotal sections like Summary, Introduction, Conclusions, and Recommendations to highlight key messages.
Module 4: Efficient Writing Process
- Embracing the ‘KISS’ principle to counter verbosity, redundancy, and convolution.
- Demystifying technical jargon for a non-technical audience.
- The one-minute management approach.
- Utilizing outlines for time efficiency.
- Cultivating a rhythmic writing flow.
- Time-management hacks.
Module 5: Advanced Sentence and Paragraph Crafting Techniques
- Constructing parallel sentences.
- Designing paragraphs for clarity and reader ease.
- Integrating linking words and phrases for fluidity in reports.
- Strategically incorporating varied graphics (tables, charts, visuals).
Module 6: Concluding with Impact
- Crafting compelling conclusions and executive summaries that underscore the crux for the audience.
- Meticulous editing and proofreading for polished report submissions.
This training Programme runs for 2 days
Our Report Writing Skills is available in a variety of formats to best match your needs
In-House training: We bring the training to your location. Available with customized features created to meet your requirements.
Virtual Training: Delivered totally online, our virtual sessions are designed to keep participants engaged through relevant training, activities for practice, and ongoing reinforcement.
Available on request.
This course is tailored for individuals mandated to draft reports or equivalent complex documents. It’s ideal for Executives, Non-executives, Managers, and Support Staff.
- Asset Management Masterclass
- Environmental & Social Management Systems
- Fraud Prevention & Anti Corruption Masterclass
- Risk Appetite & Strategy Masterclass
- Governance, Risk and Compliance Masterclass
- Risk based combined assurance
- Leadership and structures of corporate governance
- Corporate Governance – Role of the board
- Corporate governance Fundamental
- Principles and practices of corporate responsibility
- Engaging stakeholders to build a sustainable plan
- Advanced enterprise risk management masterclass
- Conducting effective lifestyles audits course
- King IV governance compliance and assurance workshop
- Budgeting Skills for managers.
- Financial Analysis, Planning & Control.
- Government Accounting.
- Government Budgeting Including SCOA.
- Accounting for VAT
- Understanding and analyzing financial statements workshop
- Strategic planning, budgeting and rolling forecast workshop
- Strategic forecasting & projections of financial statements masterclass
- Preparing financial statements and annual reports masterclass
- Project finance and modelling
- Pension fund governance, regulations and best practices.
- Mining TAX and strategy masterclass
- International financial reporting standards (IFRS) &updates
- IFRS 9 International finance reporting standards 9 and expected credit loss
- Business intelligence & analytics for finance professionals
- Advanced Recruitment Analysis & Assessment Workshop.
- Disciplinary Code & Procedure Training.
- Employment Equity Legislation Masterclass.
- HR Processes, Culture & Change Management Training.
- Performance management systems training
- Principles and practices of corporate responsibility
- Union responsibilities in the workplace
- Workplace skills plans & annual training reports
- Mining social & labor planning
- Payrol preparation, analysis and management
- New CCMA rules & latest case law
- Human resources & development personnel management
- Developing & Implementing Electronic Documents & Records Management Systems.
- Pragmatic Approach to Managing Records.
- Basic registry, records & archives management
- Pragmatic approach to managing records
- Records management, library management and inventory
- Principles of records management basic – Level 1
- Records management Intermediate – Level 2
- Advanced records management – Level 3
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Advanced Circuit Breaker Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Lean Leadership
- Lean Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
- Mineral Process Plant Optimisation Technology and Continuous Improvement
- Mineral Resource Estimation and Process Control of Mineral Processing Systems
- Solar PV System Design
- Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
- Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Wastewater Purification and Treatment Course
- Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineers
- Fundamental Hydraulic Theory and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation and Valuation of Mineral Projects
- High Voltage Safety Training