in The Public Sector
Public Sector Risk Management training aims to empower public sector employees and leaders with the knowledge and skills needed to effectively manage risks, protect public assets, and make informed decisions in the interest of government agencies and organizations.
This course is accredited, and material covers unit standards:
120303, NQF Level 5,8 Credits
- Upon completing the Public Sector Risk Management training, participants should achieve the following outcomes: Comprehensive Understanding: Participants will have a thorough understanding of risk management principles, including risk identification, assessment, mitigation, and monitoring.
- Regulatory Compliance: They will be aware of the regulatory framework governing risk management in the public sector.
- Effective Risk Assessment: Identify, assess, and prioritize risks effectively, allowing organizations to focus their resources on high priority risks.
- Strategic Alignment: Integrate risk management into strategic planning, ensuring that risk considerations are an integral part of decision making.
- Risk Culture: They will be equipped to foster a risk aware culture within their organizations, encouraging proactive risk management at all levels.
- Risk Monitoring and Reporting: Implementing ongoing risk monitoring processes and producing meaningful risk reports for decision-makers.
- Practical Application: Apply risk management principles in practical scenarios, including developing risk mitigation plans and strategies.
Module 1: Introduction to Public Sector Risk Management
Session 1: Welcome and Overview
– Introduction to the training program.
– Importance of risk management in the public sector.
– Objectives of the training.
Session 2: Fundamentals of Risk Management
– Definition of risk.
– Types of risks (strategic, operational, financial, compliance).
– Risk management framework.
Session 3: Regulatory Framework
– Risk governance and board
– The risk universe
– King IV
– Understanding COSO and ISO 31000:2018
– Regulatory regime and its impact
– Public sector view of ERM
– Legal and compliance considerations in the public sector.
Session 4: Risk Management Process
– Risk identification.
– Risk assessment.
– Risk mitigation and control.
– Risk monitoring and reporting.
Module 2: Risk Assessment and Mitigation
Session 5: Risk Identification Techniques
– SWOT analysis.
– Risk registers.
– Historical data analysis.
Session 6: Risk Assessment
– Probability and impact assessment.
– Risk prioritization and ranking.
– Risk appetite and tolerance
Session 7: Risk Mitigation Strategies
– Risk avoidance.
– Risk reduction.
– Risk transfer.
– Risk acceptance.
Session 8: Developing Risk Mitigation Plans
– Action plans and responsibilities.
– Key performance indicators (KPIs) for monitoring progress.
Module 3: Implementation and Monitoring
Session 9: : Risk Culture and Communication
– Building a risk-aware culture in the public sector.
– Effective risk communication within organizations.
Session 10: Integration with Strategic Planning
– Aligning risk management with organizational goals and objectives.
– Incorporating risk into strategic planning.
Session 11: Risk Monitoring and Reporting
– Establishing key risk indicators (KRIs).
– Creating risk dashboards and reports.
– Escalation procedures for high-risk situations.
Session 12: Case Studies and Practical Exercises
– Analysing real-world public sector risk management cases.
– Group exercises and discussions.
Session 13: Review and Q&A
– Recap of key concepts and takeaways.
– Open discussion for questions and clarifications.
Session 14: Certification and Conclusion
– Evaluation and assessment.
– Distribution of certificates.
– Closing remarks and future steps.
– Interactive elements: Include group discussions,
workshops, and hands-on exercises to reinforce learning.
– Case studies: Use relevant public sector case studies to illustrate concepts.
– Evaluation: Conduct assessments to measure participants’ understanding and proficiency in risk management.
– Resources: Provide participants with reference materials, templates, and resources for ongoing learning.
This training program can be adapted to the specific needs and goals of your organization or government agency, ensuring that participants gain a solid understanding of public sector risk management principles and practices.
3 Day Training
Our Risk Management in The Public Sector is available in a variety of formats to best match your needs
In-House training: We bring the training to your location. Available with customized features created to meet your requirements.
Virtual Training: Delivered totally online, our virtual sessions are designed to keep participants engaged through relevant training, activities for practice, and ongoing reinforcement.
Price per Delegate: R 8 299.00
Price per Delegate:(2 or more Delegates): R7 499.00
Public sector employees, managers, and leaders responsible for risk management within government agencies and organizations.
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Advanced Circuit Breaker Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Lean Leadership
- Lean Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
- Mineral Process Plant Optimisation Technology and Continuous Improvement
- Mineral Resource Estimation and Process Control of Mineral Processing Systems
- Solar PV System Design
- Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
- Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Wastewater Purification and Treatment Course
- Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineers
- Fundamental Hydraulic Theory and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation and Valuation of Mineral Projects
- High Voltage Safety Training