Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
Structural Engineering deals with the analysis and design aspects, the basic purpose of which is to ensure a safe, functional, and economical structure. To understand the language fully, it is necessary to appreciate the principles of structural analysis and design and a course on this topic comes in handy here. Participants of this workshop will gain a basic knowledge of structural engineering that includes principles of analysis of structures and their application, behaviour of materials under loading, selection of construction materials and steel structures.
This course is non-accredited
This course also provides the fundamentals without delving into complicated mathematical formulas. The course covers the design and construction of concrete, steel, wood, and masonry building structures.
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Apply structural analysis methods to beams, trusses, slabs, columns, walls, frames, footings, and pile foundations
- Assess the design of reinforced concrete and structural steel members
- Solve common structural engineering problems
- Employ wood and masonry design procedures
- Structural Loads and Procedures
- Structural Analysis
- Member Properties
- Structural Behaviour
- Reinforced Concrete Design
- Structural Steel Design
- Wood Design
- Masonry Design
- Building Design Sample
Training times can be arranged accordingly in order to cater for the client’s needs.
Available on request.
This course is designed for delegates who wish to gain a solid understanding of six sigma methods, enabling them to apply best practice tools and confidently deliver any design project. No specific qualifications/experience is required.
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Advanced Circuit Breaker Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Lean Leadership
- Lean Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
- Mineral Process Plant Optimisation Technology and Continuous Improvement
- Mineral Resource Estimation and Process Control of Mineral Processing Systems
- Solar PV System Design
- Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
- Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Wastewater Purification and Treatment Course
- Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineers
- Fundamental Hydraulic Theory and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation and Valuation of Mineral Projects
- High Voltage Safety Training