Supply Chain Management For Public Service
The purpose of this course is to introduce learners to the activities within the Supply Chain
Management Section and to equip them with knowledge to enable them to:
- a) Understand and apply the relevant legislation that governs Supply Chain Management within the public sector.
- b) Identify and apply the principles of Supply Chain Management within the public sector.
- c) Understand the various elements of Supply Chain Management and how to apply them in order to fulfil their functions effectively.
- d) Secure and manage supplier contracts.
This course will give a broad overview of the elements of Supply Chain Management in the public sector and other generic management aspects such as risk management and performance management related to SCM. Only the basic principles under each element are discussed.
Learners credited with this course should be able to:-
- Identify and apply the principles of Supply Chain Management
- Apply Supply Chain Management policies and procedures within the Public Sector
- Utilise Supply Chain Management systems and resources to fulfil the function
- Secure and manage supplier contracts
UNIT 1: OVERVIEW OF SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
- Describe the need for the implementation of the concept Supply Chain Management.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Supply Chain Management in the Public Sector environment.
- Identify the objectives of Supply Chain Management.
- Identify the various elements of Supply Chain Management
- Identify relevant legislation and other related policy initiatives that guide Supply Chain Management in the Public Sector.
- Identify main role players in Supply Chain Management.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the value of the ethical standards applicable to Supply Chain Management.
UNIT 2: DEMAND MANAGEMENT
- Demonstrate an understanding of needs assessment as part of the strategic planning process.
- Demonstrate an understanding of a need, a commodity, and market and industry analysis.
- Identify the elements to be considered during the demand phase of Supply Chain Management.
- Discuss certain important considerations when preparing specifications.
- Explain the preparation of a specification.
- Explain the requirements of a Terms of Reference.
- Explain the necessity, composition and functions of the Bid Specification Committee
UNIT 3: ACQUISITION MANAGEMENT
- Explain the roles of the National Treasury, Provincial Treasuries and the Accounting Officer / Authority in the acquisition process.
- Describe the compilation and functions of the Bid Evaluation Committee.
- Describe the compilation and functions of the Bid Adjudication Committee.
- Identify the pillars of public sector procurement.
- Differentiate between the various threshold values for
- Identify the various phases in the acquisitioning process.
- Differentiate between the general (GCC) and special (SCC) conditions of contract.
- Describe the various bid documentation.
- Describe the invitation of bids/quotations.
- Describe the bid closing and opening processes.
- Explain the evaluation of bids.
- Explain the various types of contracts.
UNIT 4: LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT
- Identify the various actions identified with Logistics Management.
- Identify the various sections involved with Logistics Management.
- Know when an order can be generated.
- Describe the procedures to be followed when placing an official order.
- Describe how items must be received and issued.
- Indicate what should be reflected on an item record card.
UNIT 5: DISPOSAL MANAGEMENT
- Describe when disposal must take place.
- Explain what factors must be taken into account during disposal planning.
- Identify the various disposal methods.
- Indicate what must be taken into consideration when deciding on the appropriate method of disposal.
UNIT 6: RISK MANAGEMENT
- Define Risk Management.
- Explain how risks can manifest itself.
- Explain the Risk Management cycle.
- Explain what factors must be borne in mind during the risk identification phase.
- Describe the risk solution/mitigation techniques.
- Identify risks within the SCM context.
UNIT 7: SUPPLY CHAIN PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
- Distinguish between performance measurement and performance management.
- Indicate how performance measurement results can be used to improve the achievement of objectives and / or effect change.
- Explain the need for and value of monitoring supply chain performance.
- List the various topics that should be dealt with in the evaluation of supply chain performance
Course duration to be updated soon
Available on request.
Our Supply Chain Management For Public Service is available in a variety of formats to best match your needs
In-House training: We bring the training to your location. Available with customized features created to meet your requirements.
Virtual Training: Delivered totally online, our virtual sessions are designed to keep participants engaged through relevant training, activities for practice, and ongoing reinforcement.
- Supply Chain practitioners and managers on middle and junior levels, attached to national and provincial departments, public entities and constitutional institutions
- Asset Management Masterclass
- Environmental & Social Management Systems
- Fraud Prevention & Anti Corruption Masterclass
- Risk Appetite & Strategy Masterclass
- Governance, Risk and Compliance Masterclass
- Risk based combined assurance
- Leadership and structures of corporate governance
- Corporate Governance – Role of the board
- Corporate governance Fundamental
- Principles and practices of corporate responsibility
- Engaging stakeholders to build a sustainable plan
- Advanced enterprise risk management masterclass
- Conducting effective lifestyles audits course
- King IV governance compliance and assurance workshop
- Budgeting Skills for managers.
- Financial Analysis, Planning & Control.
- Government Accounting.
- Government Budgeting Including SCOA.
- Accounting for VAT
- Understanding and analyzing financial statements workshop
- Strategic planning, budgeting and rolling forecast workshop
- Strategic forecasting & projections of financial statements masterclass
- Preparing financial statements and annual reports masterclass
- Project finance and modelling
- Pension fund governance, regulations and best practices.
- Mining TAX and strategy masterclass
- International financial reporting standards (IFRS) &updates
- IFRS 9 International finance reporting standards 9 and expected credit loss
- Business intelligence & analytics for finance professionals
- Advanced Recruitment Analysis & Assessment Workshop.
- Disciplinary Code & Procedure Training.
- Employment Equity Legislation Masterclass.
- HR Processes, Culture & Change Management Training.
- Performance management systems training
- Principles and practices of corporate responsibility
- Union responsibilities in the workplace
- Workplace skills plans & annual training reports
- Mining social & labor planning
- Payrol preparation, analysis and management
- New CCMA rules & latest case law
- Human resources & development personnel management
- Developing & Implementing Electronic Documents & Records Management Systems.
- Pragmatic Approach to Managing Records.
- Basic registry, records & archives management
- Pragmatic approach to managing records
- Records management, library management and inventory
- Principles of records management basic – Level 1
- Records management Intermediate – Level 2
- Advanced records management – Level 3
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Advanced Circuit Breaker Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Lean Leadership
- Lean Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
- Mineral Process Plant Optimisation Technology and Continuous Improvement
- Mineral Resource Estimation and Process Control of Mineral Processing Systems
- Solar PV System Design
- Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
- Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Wastewater Purification and Treatment Course
- Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineers
- Fundamental Hydraulic Theory and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation and Valuation of Mineral Projects
- High Voltage Safety Training