Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
Technical report writing and presentation skills for engineers and technical professionals focuses on the unique needs of technical professionals who write for both technical and non-technical readers .
This course is designed to enable attendees to compile and structure the information on technical reports in a reader-friendly format and the lessons therein may be put in practice in either single page reports or multi-volume research studies.
Participants will go through the planning, drafting and the most critical aspects of presenting technical reports, and discusses how various components of a report should be approached. The course will also demonstrate how technical professionals can use their technical knowledge and logical edge to write in a reader-friendly style, produce grammatically accurate reports and persuasively communicate for buy-in purposes.
- Understand how to structure and design technical reports, equipment manuals and other technical
- Documentation by applying a systemic approach to the task, including analysing your readership and selecting appropriate typography and illustrations
- Understand the important elements of a presentation and how to manage them with greater confidence, effectiveness, and impact
- Translate technical information in graphs, tables, and flowcharts into captivating oral presentations
- Proofread and edit more competently and timeously to beat deadlines while at the same time meeting
- Productivity goals
- Learn how to reference and quote correctly and not infringe copyright laws
- Avoid common language errors to make specifications easy to follow and to ensure that your key messages get across
This workshop runs for 3 days
Our Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals is available in a variety of formats to best match your needs
In-House training: We bring the training to your location. Available with customized features created to meet your requirements.
Virtual Training: Delivered totally online, our virtual sessions are designed to keep participants engaged through relevant training, activities for practice, and ongoing reinforcement.
Available on request.
This course is designed for delegates who wish to gain a solid understanding of six sigma methods, enabling them to apply best practice tools and confidently deliver any design project. No specific qualifications/experience is required.
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Advanced Circuit Breaker Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Lean Leadership
- Lean Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
- Mineral Process Plant Optimisation Technology and Continuous Improvement
- Mineral Resource Estimation and Process Control of Mineral Processing Systems
- Solar PV System Design
- Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
- Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Wastewater Purification and Treatment Course
- Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineers
- Fundamental Hydraulic Theory and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation and Valuation of Mineral Projects
- High Voltage Safety Training