Tendering Procedures &
There is often a lengthy and complicated process attached to tendering a bid for contract work, and unless you are fully aware of what is involved you could be putting yourself and your company at risk. Compliance and awareness of procedures are of fundamental importance to the successful use of subcontracting, and this course will take you through the entire process from start to finish to ensure that you are fully prepared.
Are you responsible for tendering within your organisation? Do you want to become more proficient at analysing submissions in the bidding process?
Prospen Africa will empower you with all the necessary knowledge and understanding that you will need to ensure a smooth and compliant bidding process with this training course. You will leave this course with all of the necessary knowledge to implement a more structured and successful tendering process within your organisation.
This is a non-Accredited course.
Many organisations believe that tendering is the key to achieving this. This is partly led by government guidelines in the public sector, and policy in the private sector. Inevitably, the process is not always fully understood by those charged with the duty to implement it. If the tender is incorrectly prepared or executed, it will lead to buying the wrong goods or services and therefore creating high levels of risk and additional costs.
Within this course, we will look at a variety of different procedures, cover in great detail how to ensure regulatory compliance, and educate you with best practice guidelines for every tender situation.
Upon successful completion of this Tendering Procedures and Bid Evaluation course, participants will be able to –
- Explain the fundamentals of the contracting process including how to identify suitable projects
- and subcontractors and commence the bidding process
- Understand the differing terminology used as part of the contracting process and use key
- guidelines to rate the suitability of each project based on the tendering process
- Outline and understand the tendering roadmap, identify opportunities and obstacles at each
- stage of the process and plan ahead for successful contracting
- Prepare a thorough contract with all necessary costings, planning, and considerations built-in
- Educate your team and your organisation on the fundamental requirements for a successful
- tender process and take responsibility for ensuring compliance with the contract requirements
- Create a successful sourcing strategy for the use of sub-contractors
- Effectively adapt your bid into a structured and compliant roadmap for the project
By taking part in this Tendering Procedures and Bid Evaluation training course, you will be able to enjoy the following benefits –
- Understand the tendering process much better and use these new skills to help you perform your role to a higher standard
- Greater confidence in preparing contracts and receiving bids for high-value projects
- Improved results in terms of overall success rate due to accurate, compliant, and well-researched bids
- Become fully aware and compliant of the entire tender process and be able to work with and educate your team on what is involved
- A deeper understanding of the pre-award process will lead to less stress and higher job satisfaction overall
- Continued learning in skills that are easily transferable across many departments
Module One – Introduction to Tendering
- A high-level overview of the whole contracting process
- Introduction to tendering and why it is so impactful for your organisation
- Understanding why the initial pre-award stages of the contracting process are so important
- Analysing the roadmap to successful contracting and identifying key areas within the pre-award process
Module Two – The Tendering Process
- Deeper insights into the various stages within the pre-award process itself
- Identifying potential problem areas with the tender process
- Sealed bidding procedures and how to navigate them
- Engaging with subcontractors at various stages
- Defining the appropriate strategy for your department
Module Three – Preparing the Contract
- What constitutes a great bid and how can you ensure the contract represents this
- How to determine what contracting strategies would work best for your organisation
- Using analysis to determine decision-making capabilities
- Technical tools to support contract drafting and cost analysis
- Creating the small print – building the T&C’s that will protect you
- Understanding around different types of contracts – lump sum vs cost plus
Module Four – Subcontracting
- Looking at various options for the subcontracting process
- How to identify and find excellent subcontractors
- Legalities and regulatory framework for engaging subcontractors
- Cost analysis and budgeting tools
- International considerations for subcontracting
Module Five – Preparing for a Successful Bid
- Awareness of important areas such as budgeting constraints
- Looking at the implications of the various types of contracts
- Build your own checklist and guidance framework to clearly state what constitutes a
- successful bid
- How to prepare for the bidding process
- Consideration of special forms of contracting
Module Six – The Bidding Process
- Commencing the bidding process and inviting bids
- How to conduct a successful tender briefing and who should be there
- Ensuring compliant interaction through the bidding process
- Advice on fundamentals such as timescales
- How to deliver a successful tender panel if required
Module Seven – Evaluating the Bids
- Assessing how to choose the best bid for your business
- Using your framework from Module Five to analyse and better understand the bids
- The different stages of evaluation and what is involved in each one
- Using tools such as CBE (Commercial Bid Evaluation) to evaluate bids
- How to determine the winning bid and prepare the recommendation report
Module Eight – Awarding the Contract
- Engaging with all subcontractors through a detailed debriefing process
- Commencing with the winning bid and how to prepare for the contract
- Lessons learned to streamline the process for next time
This training will run for 5 days only
Available on request.
Training times can be arranged accordingly in order to cater for the client’s needs.
This Tendering Procedures and Bid Evaluation course is ideally aimed at anyone who works within a Procurement function but would also be very suitable for –
- Contract Managers
- Contract Supervisors
- Line Managers
- Anyone involved in preparing bids for the tender
- Managers and supervisors involved in subcontracting decisions
- Bids Management Team
- Anyone already working within the contracting industry that is interested in learning more about the early stages of the contract award process
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Advanced Circuit Breaker Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Lean Leadership
- Lean Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
- Mineral Process Plant Optimisation Technology and Continuous Improvement
- Mineral Resource Estimation and Process Control of Mineral Processing Systems
- Solar PV System Design
- Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
- Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Wastewater Purification and Treatment Course
- Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineers
- Fundamental Hydraulic Theory and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation and Valuation of Mineral Projects
- High Voltage Safety Training