Union Responsibilities in
Do you belong to a trade union, or do you want to join a Trade Union in South Africa or anywhere in the country? Well, if your answer is yes then join us, Prospen Africa as we take you through all the information you might find helpful going through you journey as part of the union in your workplace.
A union is an organization of workers who join together to advance their common interest for better pay, benefits and working conditions you are facing every day. They seek to ensure that there is democratic relationship between employer(s) and employees by ensuring healthy work environment.
They deal with collective agreements, attempt to solve labour disputes, and make proposals on labour policies and laws. They may also manage pension funds, sick pay, unemployment and training schemes, and other such benefits for their members.
The participants will have the opportunity to achieve the following:
- Develop strategies and ideas to maintain harmonious working relationship that is beneficial to all stakeholders in the workplace.
- To make positive contribution in the efforts to resolve labour related problems encountered in the workplace.
- To ensure that the trade union achieves the aims of organising workers and unite them as powerful force in a strong and democratic manner.
- To provide a collective voice for workers and actively participate in serving the interests of workers through collective action.
- To effectively bargain collectively with employers for decent conditions of work.
- To represent workers in the workplace on all matters of concern for workers.
- To educate union members and other employees about workers’ rights and responsibilities in the workplace.
- Ensure effective systems to report back to workers in the workplace regarding the mandates given by workers.
- Effectively participate in the development of policies that regulates matters of interest to the workers in the workplace.
- To advise and represent workers in dispute, grievances, and disciplinary hearing.
- Participate in the workplace committees’ processes
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation and collective agreements.
- Represent workers in the conciliation and arbitration processes such as Bargaining Council and Commission for Conciliation Mediation and Arbitration (CCMA).
This training will run for 2 days
Our Union Responsibilities in The Workplace is available in a variety of formats to best match your needs
In-House training: We bring the training to your location. Available with customized features created to meet your requirements.
Virtual Training: Delivered totally online, our virtual sessions are designed to keep participants engaged through relevant training, activities for practice, and ongoing reinforcement.
R 7 499.00
*Group Discounts Available on Request.
- Asset Accountants & Asset Managers
- Internal & external auditors
- Finance Managers and Accountants
- Project Accountants
- Facilities Managers
- Operations Managers needing an understanding of Asset Management principles
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Advanced Circuit Breaker Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Lean Leadership
- Lean Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
- Mineral Process Plant Optimisation Technology and Continuous Improvement
- Mineral Resource Estimation and Process Control of Mineral Processing Systems
- Solar PV System Design
- Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
- Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Wastewater Purification and Treatment Course
- Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineers
- Fundamental Hydraulic Theory and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation and Valuation of Mineral Projects
- High Voltage Safety Training