Vehicle Fleet Development And Management
JHB | Anytime
This training course will examine the transportation function in a holistic manner. This training course will start by outlining the requirements of successful fleet maintenance programs and workshops. The training course then describe the components of stringent fleet and driver safety programs and experiment with different capital budgeting and distribution routing techniques. This course will conclude with a thorough explanation of key fleet performance measures.
By the end of the Vehicle Fleet Development & Management training course, participants will be able to:
- State the objectives of fleet management and the role of the fleet manager
- Implement a fleet preventive maintenance program
- Determine requirements for efficient workshops
- Create fleet safety and driver selection programs
- Use capital budgeting techniques to perform vehicle replacement analysis
- Optimize distribution vehicle routes
- Write Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and measure performance of the fleet
Day 1 : Introduction to Fleet Management
- Definition of Fleet Management
- Objectives of Fleet Management
- Costs associated with Fleet Management
- Maximizing Customer Service
- Fleet Manager Profile
- Fleet Maintenance Management
- Roles and responsibilities in Maintenance
- Benefits of preventive Maintenance Inspections
- Scope of preventive Maintenance Programs
- Unscheduled Maintenance
- Road Calls
- Tire Selection and Management
- Parts and Supply Management
- Vendor vs. In-house Maintenance
Day 2 : Workshop Management
- Workshop Layout
- Workshop Tools
- Computing Workshop Productivity
- Facility Requirements
- Bay Space Layout
- Fleet Safety Management
- Elements of a Safety Program
- Reasons for Accident Prevention
- Driver Selection Criteria
- Fleet Skill Tests
- Road Accident Types
Day 3 : Vehicle Selection and Replacement
- Vehicle Selection Criteria
- Own or Contract Analysis
- Vehicle Replacement Analysis
- Capital Budgeting Techniques
Day 4 : Transportation and Distribution Planning
- Transportation fundamentals and optimization
- Factors affecting transportation decisions
- Network design options
- Routing of distribution vehicles
Day 5 : Measuring and Improving Fleet Performance
- Fleet Measurement System
- Transportation Costs
- Cost Ratios
- Transportation Asset Productivity
- Financial and Quality Indicators
- Cycle Time Indicators
- Measuring and Improving Fleet Utilization
This workshop runs for 5 days
Available on request
Our Vehicle Fleet Development And Management is available in a variety of formats to best match your needs
In-House training: We bring the training to your location. Available with customized features created to meet your requirements.
Virtual Training: Delivered totally online, our virtual sessions are designed to keep participants engaged through relevant training, activities for practice, and ongoing reinforcement.
- Fleet Managers and Coordinators
- Maintenance Managers and Supervisors
- Transportation Planners
- Fleet Safety Managers & Supervisors
- Operations Professionals
- Asset Management Masterclass
- Environmental & Social Management Systems
- Fraud Prevention & Anti Corruption Masterclass
- Risk Appetite & Strategy Masterclass
- Governance, Risk and Compliance Masterclass
- Risk based combined assurance
- Leadership and structures of corporate governance
- Corporate Governance – Role of the board
- Corporate governance Fundamental
- Principles and practices of corporate responsibility
- Engaging stakeholders to build a sustainable plan
- Advanced enterprise risk management masterclass
- Conducting effective lifestyles audits course
- King IV governance compliance and assurance workshop
- Budgeting Skills for managers.
- Financial Analysis, Planning & Control.
- Government Accounting.
- Government Budgeting Including SCOA.
- Accounting for VAT
- Understanding and analyzing financial statements workshop
- Strategic planning, budgeting and rolling forecast workshop
- Strategic forecasting & projections of financial statements masterclass
- Preparing financial statements and annual reports masterclass
- Project finance and modelling
- Pension fund governance, regulations and best practices.
- Mining TAX and strategy masterclass
- International financial reporting standards (IFRS) &updates
- IFRS 9 International finance reporting standards 9 and expected credit loss
- Business intelligence & analytics for finance professionals
- Advanced Recruitment Analysis & Assessment Workshop.
- Disciplinary Code & Procedure Training.
- Employment Equity Legislation Masterclass.
- HR Processes, Culture & Change Management Training.
- Performance management systems training
- Principles and practices of corporate responsibility
- Union responsibilities in the workplace
- Workplace skills plans & annual training reports
- Mining social & labor planning
- Payrol preparation, analysis and management
- New CCMA rules & latest case law
- Human resources & development personnel management
- Developing & Implementing Electronic Documents & Records Management Systems.
- Pragmatic Approach to Managing Records.
- Basic registry, records & archives management
- Pragmatic approach to managing records
- Records management, library management and inventory
- Principles of records management basic – Level 1
- Records management Intermediate – Level 2
- Advanced records management – Level 3
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Advanced Circuit Breaker Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Lean Leadership
- Lean Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
- Mineral Process Plant Optimisation Technology and Continuous Improvement
- Mineral Resource Estimation and Process Control of Mineral Processing Systems
- Solar PV System Design
- Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
- Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Wastewater Purification and Treatment Course
- Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineers
- Fundamental Hydraulic Theory and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation and Valuation of Mineral Projects
- High Voltage Safety Training