Workplace Skills Plans &
Training Reports (WSP/ATR)
Preparing and implementing a Workplace Skills Plan can be a daunting task. For most South African companies, compiling their annual Workplace Skills Plan (WSP) and submitting their Annual Training Report (ATR) is one of the biggest priorities – and often one of their biggest headaches – in the first quarter. Organisations need to search for the best possible training solutions to invest in their staff’s career paths when implementing their annual skills development plans. Keeping up to speed with industry trends and staying relevant is therefore pivotal when bridging gaps between organisations’ present realities, their skills development needs and employees’ career aspirations. Skills development is very important in South Africa, especially from a longer-term perspective.
More often than not, however, organisations’ skills development needs focus on immediate needs with little consideration for change, organisational development or future anticipated skills needs. Because of this, the significance and value of skills planning and development are not always fully understood and result in skills planning and development processes that don’t fully enjoy support from the management and employees.
Apart from being legally obliged to develop an annual WSP (under the Skills Development Act of 2003 and applicable Amendments of 2008), it provides a planned and structured approach to the type and amount of training for the year ahead based on the skills needs of an organisation. Workplace skills plans can provide organisations with an opportunity to discover talents and skills that they did not necessarily know already exist within their staff complement.
Skills Development has been identified as a Priority Element under the New B-BBEE Codes of Good practice. This means that businesses must focus on Skills Development to achieve the requirement for each category in the element or potentially face a loss in their BEE Level, irrespective overall scoring. Join us as we provide you with the guidelines to understand the impact of the reports on the business along with training on how to complete these reports correctly. As skills development is becoming critical for survival in a rapidly changing business environment, this workshop will help you manage and implement your organisation’s WSP proactively.
- Overview of the Skills Development environment and the NQF
- Understanding the Skills Planning Process
- The Roles and Responsibilities of the Workplace Skill Planning Committee and the Employment
- Equity Act
- 4The Roles and Responsibilities of the Skills Development Facilitator
- Preparing a Training Needs Analysis
- Understanding the Difference Between Learnerships, Internships, Apprenticeships and Other Type
- of Skills Delivery
- Understanding the Different Types of Grants Available and How to Apply for These.
- Compiling the WSP and Reporting on Training
- Understanding the Organized Framework for Occupations (OFO) and How to Link Jobs
This workshop runs for 2 days
Our Workplace Skills Plans & Training Reports (WSP/ATR) is available in a variety of formats to best match your needs
In-House training: We bring the training to your location. Available with customized features created to meet your requirements.
Virtual Training: Delivered totally online, our virtual sessions are designed to keep participants engaged through relevant training, activities for practice, and ongoing reinforcement.
R 7 499.00
*Group Discounts Available on Request.
To be updated soon
- Asset Management Masterclass
- Environmental & Social Management Systems
- Fraud Prevention & Anti Corruption Masterclass
- Risk Appetite & Strategy Masterclass
- Governance, Risk and Compliance Masterclass
- Risk based combined assurance
- Leadership and structures of corporate governance
- Corporate Governance – Role of the board
- Corporate governance Fundamental
- Principles and practices of corporate responsibility
- Engaging stakeholders to build a sustainable plan
- Advanced enterprise risk management masterclass
- Conducting effective lifestyles audits course
- King IV governance compliance and assurance workshop
- Budgeting Skills for managers.
- Financial Analysis, Planning & Control.
- Government Accounting.
- Government Budgeting Including SCOA.
- Accounting for VAT
- Understanding and analyzing financial statements workshop
- Strategic planning, budgeting and rolling forecast workshop
- Strategic forecasting & projections of financial statements masterclass
- Preparing financial statements and annual reports masterclass
- Project finance and modelling
- Pension fund governance, regulations and best practices.
- Mining TAX and strategy masterclass
- International financial reporting standards (IFRS) &updates
- IFRS 9 International finance reporting standards 9 and expected credit loss
- Business intelligence & analytics for finance professionals
- Advanced Recruitment Analysis & Assessment Workshop.
- Disciplinary Code & Procedure Training.
- Employment Equity Legislation Masterclass.
- HR Processes, Culture & Change Management Training.
- Performance management systems training
- Principles and practices of corporate responsibility
- Union responsibilities in the workplace
- Workplace skills plans & annual training reports
- Mining social & labor planning
- Payrol preparation, analysis and management
- New CCMA rules & latest case law
- Human resources & development personnel management
- Developing & Implementing Electronic Documents & Records Management Systems.
- Pragmatic Approach to Managing Records.
- Basic registry, records & archives management
- Pragmatic approach to managing records
- Records management, library management and inventory
- Principles of records management basic – Level 1
- Records management Intermediate – Level 2
- Advanced records management – Level 3
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Advanced Circuit Breaker Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Lean Leadership
- Lean Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
- Mineral Process Plant Optimisation Technology and Continuous Improvement
- Mineral Resource Estimation and Process Control of Mineral Processing Systems
- Solar PV System Design
- Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
- Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Wastewater Purification and Treatment Course
- Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineers
- Fundamental Hydraulic Theory and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation and Valuation of Mineral Projects
- High Voltage Safety Training