Construction Safety Management
The purpose of the course is to gain knowledge, understanding and competency on various theories and practices of construction safety management. The course introduces learners to construction safety and health, importance of job-site safety, occupational Health in Construction, theory of Accidents, and the management of safety and health in construction through the lens of risk management, OHSAS 18001 principles. The course then introduces students to the concept of Building Information Modeling (BIM) as a solution to enhance safety management in construction sites.
This course is an accredited
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- On successful completion of this course the student will be able to Understand the need and
- importance of safety management in construction projects.
- Identify various safety related responsibilities among the project stakeholders and allocate the
- responsibilities for job site safety and health.
- Perform a safety risk analysis.
- Implement worker health and safety processes and procedures through the development of site
- safety plans and inculcate the safety culture.
- Identify the hazardous conditions in construction site.
- Suggest mitigation plans with various safety best practices and techniques.
- Interpret the OSHAS 18001 principles and clauses.
- Interpret the Building Information Modeling (BIM)’s role in enhancing safety in construction sites.
The following topics will be addressed during lectures: Safety Management:
• Introduction to construction safety and health
• Importance of job site safety, Occupational Health in Construction
• Safety and theory of Accidents
• Classification of Accidents
• Cost of Accidents
• Problem areas in construction safety
• Elements of effective safety program
• job site safety assessment, Safety meetings, Safety Incentives, safety in construction contracts, safety record keeping, safety culture
• Safety responsibility for workers, foremen, middle managers, top management, sub-contractors, owners, safety personnel, and subcontractors
• OSHAS 18001 principles, clauses, and interpretation
• Project HSE Management, Processes and techniques
• Building Information Modeling vs. Safety: Use of Innovative
This masterclass runs for 3 days
Price per delegate: R 8 999.00
Our Construction Safety Management is available in a variety of formats to best match your needs
In-House training: We bring the training to your location. Available with customized features created to meet your requirements.
Virtual Training: Delivered totally online, our virtual sessions are designed to keep participants engaged through relevant training, activities for practice, and ongoing reinforcement.
The courses will benefit project managers, construction managers, quantity surveyors, engineers, housing officials, facilities managers, researchers and academics, environmentalists, public and private sector clients, and other stakeholders in the built environment.
- Asset Management Masterclass
- Environmental & Social Management Systems
- Fraud Prevention & Anti Corruption Masterclass
- Risk Appetite & Strategy Masterclass
- Governance, Risk and Compliance Masterclass
- Risk based combined assurance
- Leadership and structures of corporate governance
- Corporate Governance – Role of the board
- Corporate governance Fundamental
- Principles and practices of corporate responsibility
- Engaging stakeholders to build a sustainable plan
- Advanced enterprise risk management masterclass
- Conducting effective lifestyles audits course
- King IV governance compliance and assurance workshop
- Budgeting Skills for managers.
- Financial Analysis, Planning & Control.
- Government Accounting.
- Government Budgeting Including SCOA.
- Accounting for VAT
- Understanding and analyzing financial statements workshop
- Strategic planning, budgeting and rolling forecast workshop
- Strategic forecasting & projections of financial statements masterclass
- Preparing financial statements and annual reports masterclass
- Project finance and modelling
- Pension fund governance, regulations and best practices.
- Mining TAX and strategy masterclass
- International financial reporting standards (IFRS) &updates
- IFRS 9 International finance reporting standards 9 and expected credit loss
- Business intelligence & analytics for finance professionals
- Advanced Recruitment Analysis & Assessment Workshop.
- Disciplinary Code & Procedure Training.
- Employment Equity Legislation Masterclass.
- HR Processes, Culture & Change Management Training.
- Performance management systems training
- Principles and practices of corporate responsibility
- Union responsibilities in the workplace
- Workplace skills plans & annual training reports
- Mining social & labor planning
- Payrol preparation, analysis and management
- New CCMA rules & latest case law
- Human resources & development personnel management
- Developing & Implementing Electronic Documents & Records Management Systems.
- Pragmatic Approach to Managing Records.
- Basic registry, records & archives management
- Pragmatic approach to managing records
- Records management, library management and inventory
- Principles of records management basic – Level 1
- Records management Intermediate – Level 2
- Advanced records management – Level 3
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Advanced Circuit Breaker Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Lean Leadership
- Lean Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
- Mineral Process Plant Optimisation Technology and Continuous Improvement
- Mineral Resource Estimation and Process Control of Mineral Processing Systems
- Solar PV System Design
- Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
- Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Wastewater Purification and Treatment Course
- Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineers
- Fundamental Hydraulic Theory and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation and Valuation of Mineral Projects
- High Voltage Safety Training