Construction Safety Management
The purpose of the course is to gain knowledge, understanding and competency on various theories and practices of construction safety management. The course introduces learners to construction safety and health, importance of job-site safety, occupational Health in Construction, theory of Accidents, and the management of safety and health in construction through the lens of risk management, OHSAS 18001 principles. The course then introduces students to the concept of Building Information Modeling (BIM) as a solution to enhance safety management in construction sites.
This course is an accredited
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- On successful completion of this course the student will be able to Understand the need and
- importance of safety management in construction projects.
- Identify various safety related responsibilities among the project stakeholders and allocate the
- responsibilities for job site safety and health.
- Perform a safety risk analysis.
- Implement worker health and safety processes and procedures through the development of site
- safety plans and inculcate the safety culture.
- Identify the hazardous conditions in construction site.
- Suggest mitigation plans with various safety best practices and techniques.
- Interpret the OSHAS 18001 principles and clauses.
- Interpret the Building Information Modeling (BIM)’s role in enhancing safety in construction sites.
This masterclass runs for 3 days
Training times can be arranged accordingly in order to cater for the client’s needs.
Available on request.
The courses will benefit project managers, construction managers, quantity surveyors, engineers, housing officials, facilities managers, researchers and academics, environmentalists, public and private sector clients, and other stakeholders in the built environment.
- Fleet Operations Management Accident Investigation & Report Writing.
- Fundamentals of Stores & Stock Control.
- Logistics & Distribution Management.
- PFMA Supply Chain Management Bid Committees Workshop.
- Stockpile Management Best Practices.
- Strategic Procurement & Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Management Introduction Forecasting & Acquisition Management.
- Tender Advisory Seminar.
- Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation.
- Understanding the Amended BBB-EE Codes BEE Fundamentals.
- Advanced Circuit Breaker Operation and Maintenance
- Environmental Engineering for Non-Environmental Engineers
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater, Assessment and Remediation
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Lean Leadership
- Lean Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Mechanical Engineering for Non-mechanical Engineers
- Mineral Process Plant Optimisation Technology and Continuous Improvement
- Mineral Resource Estimation and Process Control of Mineral Processing Systems
- Solar PV System Design
- Structural Engineering for Non-structural Engineers
- Technical Report Writing & Presentation Skills for Engineers & Technical Professionals
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Wastewater Purification and Treatment Course
- Welding Design and Metal Fatigue for Structural Engineers
- Fundamental Hydraulic Theory and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of Mineral Resource Estimation and Valuation of Mineral Projects
- High Voltage Safety Training